Author Topic: Quiver set....  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Bryce H

Quiver set....
« on: December 04, 2011, 12:11:23 pm »
This is a simple, temporary quiver set that I made for my hackberry bow. I'll be making another when I get some coyote or otter skins (haven't decided which yet), but I figured since this would be my first attempt at a set, I'd try it on an old canvas army tent where any mistakes would be.....cheap. The srtike-a-light bag has fire-makin' goodies in it, along with deer sinew, pine pitch glue, couple extra points, wire snares, and other misc. survival items inside. The feathers are domestic turkey, the fur is Thumper, and horse hair tassels. The heart shaped rock is something Karina Herrera made and painted.

For a first try, I think it looks all right. I'm confident at least that I can make one now, so after all the holidays are over and 'normal' life resumes I'll get started on that. Thanks for lookin'.

Bryce

Offline half eye

Re: Quiver set....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 12:20:38 pm »
Got to believe that's a very fine set, no matter what it's made out of. Looks good and has the NA spirit all over it. even goes over the left shoulder.....way cool.
rich

Offline Bryce H

Re: Quiver set....
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 12:44:23 pm »
Thank you! I only recently learned of the left shoulder wearing, about 5 or so years ago. Admittedly, I grew up the way most did with everything going over the right shoulder (big shout out to Hollywood for that!). Though not exactly authentic, I was going for a northern Plains style with it.