Author Topic: FEAR NO EVIL  (Read 5408 times)

Offline iowabow

Re: FEAR NO EVIL
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 12:43:54 am »
It took me 28 shots to kill a deer think how funny that video would be.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 01:38:39 am »
John, the most enjoyable hunting video I've ever seen had a set of outtakes at the end where the cameraman attempted to shoot a deer after the host had killed his.  He must've missed a half dozen times.  Each miss was wilder than the one before it.  After the last miss the cameraman caught a vulture in a nearby tree bobbing his head up and down in apparant disgust.  I laughed till I cried.  I would buy your video in a heartbeat!

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 02:09:31 am »
Here is one of my favorite hunting vids on youtube.  The guy doesnt know his buddies are pulling a prank on him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76VKm3ZjEE
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline johnston

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 10:15:08 am »
Best modern hunting vid I have seen was the Billy Berger dragonfly hunt.

John...at least you had 28 shots.

Lane

Offline iowabow

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 12:56:28 pm »
I started from scratch and had never fired a traditional bow. I think if I had the whole process from making points, cutting wood, shafting arrows, making thread, making deer hide glue, and the list goes on and on of what I had to learn and that is not to mention learning to hunt and shoot completely differently, this would be an amazing video. Doing all of this in one year was quite the undertaking because wood had to be harvested and dried and turned into a bow. To make things worst everytime I learned something new I had to change the equipment so it worked together. I made about 6 or 7 bows during that year and multipule arrow changes and modifications. All of you know what I am talking about but others that would like to do this don"t. Making a shot with a primative bow and missing when you are using the skills you learned as a compound hunter really gets in your haed and drives you crazy searching for the the answer "WHY" and that is where all the fun is not in the rack!
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 01:35:55 pm »
28 shots to kill a deer?

You must have a Huge Quiver...

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX