Author Topic: Any Hope?  (Read 3926 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Any Hope?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 10:05:49 am »
Follow the above advice.  Don't bend the bow any further until you see an even tiller.  What's your draw length?  Bet you'll be able to pike the bow and pick up some poundage when it's tillered.
1’—>1’

Offline DLH

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 04:00:27 pm »
This is giving me fits I never want to mess the fades up like this again can't imagine what a working a stave or something with character is like...

mikekeswick

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 05:08:08 pm »
Remember the fade area is under more stress than the rest of the limb so even on a pyramid bow (little or no thickness taper) the first couple of inches out of the fade are best left a shade thicker than the rest of the limb. If you make another bow like this make an 1/8th thick lam thants four inches longer than the handle lam and glue it inbetween.

Offline rps3

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 06:33:42 pm »
Heat treating the belly might be soemthing to consider at this point.

Offline DLH

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 12:21:49 am »
Heat treating the belly might be soemthing to consider at this point.

I was considering this thought it would pop my glue joint but could just reglue a piece.

Offline DLH

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 12:58:54 am »
I think its gettin close removed twice as much wood on the stronger limb just want to get this one finished up and start a fresh.

Thanks Everyone.

Offline DLH

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 12:13:20 pm »
Think I'm going to finish this one up and call it quits and start a new on that I'm gonna be alot more careful on thanks everyone for the help.

Offline Dazv

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 04:30:07 pm »
Nice job im looking forward to seeing your next.

Offline randman

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 05:48:08 pm »
That last shot is looking pretty darn good. The fade area bend seems a lot better. You got her bending more both mid limbs. First third of bottom limb looks a little stiff.  Looks like a tiny bit of hinge in the area just past mid limb on the bottom (could be the pic with shadows and angle). That could be smoothed out by getting the tip area just past it to bend more. A whisker more off both tips and you got her! Just what I see but I'm an apprentice here too.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.