Author Topic: Lots of deer?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline jkyarcher

Lots of deer?
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »

I dont know if it is my imagination but it seems I have been seeing more deer than usual this year. I was wondering if
anyone else feels they have been seeing more than other years. I have been seeing a good bit of deer hunting.
also been seeing alot when driving around. I live in upstate SC. Just wondering if others around the country feel they have been seeing alot.

Offline johnston

Re: Lots of deer?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:10:34 pm »
I am in the middle of SC and for us , it started real slow but with the cooler temps it has picked up a bit.

As you know, it is legal to bait in the lower half. But we have so much timber cutting going on that I think it changes the patterns from year to year.

But we still have 2 1/2 months for it to go from so so to to great. Or bust. Glad ya'll are seeing deer.

Lane

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Lots of deer?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 01:03:01 pm »
Yeah, I'm seeing lots of deer this year............In my brother-in-laws back yard >:(  He planted a food plot in the field around his house and it seems like all the local does are in his field.  And he isn't even hunting now.  He doesn't want to shoot a doe.  My property is across the road from his.  I sit in the woods and watch squirrels all day.  I can't tell you how many texts I have gotten from the wife saying "8 deer in Erics field" >:( >:( >:(
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left