Author Topic: A Gift From Heaven  (Read 12493 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: A Gift From Heaven
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 10:50:47 am »
That's a beautiful bow! Very nicely done. My whole is a gift from Heaven. :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 11:47:53 am »
You are correct blackhawk it would be. ;) and more than likely a big silly grin to boot!! Once again,  awsome presentation on a very nice bow ;D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 11:53:53 am by soy »
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 11:52:15 am »
you are such a dork, LOL very nice bow though... impressive speed for such a short draw and arrow weight... Love the skins and finish work on her as well.  :) :)  You could probably lose a little thickness to the outer limbs towards the tips a little and make it even faster if you wanted but with those numbers I think I would leave it the heck alone.. Again nice work!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

blackhawk

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 12:02:03 pm »
Thanks Jawge ;)

Thanks again soy

Thanks josh...yeah I know im a dork..lol :laugh: but as long as I amused you then I did my job...right? And you are correct with the sides of the outer limbs as I came in two ounces heavy according to the mass formula. But sometimes there are cases where you have to have it that way due to knots and other deformities etc...  as was the case with me having to go around a knot and a couple checks. And yeah I left it alone and let her be when I saw those performance numbers. She's perfect the way she is for a hunting bow.  8)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 12:15:18 pm »

Thanks josh...yeah I know im a dork..lol :laugh: but as long as I amused you then I did my job...right? And you are correct with the sides of the outer limbs as I came in two ounces heavy according to the mass formula. But sometimes there are cases where you have to have it that way due to knots and other deformities etc...  as was the case with me having to go around a knot and a couple checks. And yeah I left it alone and let her be when I saw those performance numbers. She's perfect the way she is for a hunting bow.  8)

just kidding with the dork thing, your presentation was really pretty cool... again very nice bow man.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Keenan

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 12:28:25 pm »
Chris that is a very sweet bow. Love the profile and great speed for that heavy of arrow. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a short draw ;D

Offline druid

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 01:22:05 pm »
Excellent bow!

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 01:48:30 pm »
Sweetness personified! love the story too. always good to see a bow presented differently
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 01:55:38 pm »
Great pics, great story, great bow.
Dammit... just checked I've not broken the 170fps barrier :o, now you've got me riled... >:(
I'll be back... ;)
Del
(maybe if I take 'Twister' back to 29" draw??  :P)
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 04:01:58 pm »
You have trully been blessed! You must be living right!  ;) Sweet gift from above, and a great introduction to a fine looking lady! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 04:11:29 pm »
Well I guess I'm the gullable one...

Went outside to see if it was raining bows here in Houston...
After two near misses by Pigeon Poo I got back under cover to the safety of the work bench.

:o

Excellent looking Yeller Stick ya got there!
May her string never break and her arrows fly true!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

blackhawk

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 05:19:41 pm »
Thanks Keenan  :)....means a lot coming from a great builder such as yourself. I like this design and profile and im gonna keep playing with it. It optimizes speed for us short draw guys ;)

Thanks druid. ....thanks again josh.....thanks eric...thanks gregb

Thanks del. Remember you need to break that barrier with a 24" draw and a slightly over 10 grain per pound arrow,so the twister yew wont qualify :laugh:lol. Thanks again ;) and keep trying

Sorry to hear the houston forecast isn't raining bows Gus :-\  thanks for the kind words man ;)

Offline Bohunter0908

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 10:42:04 pm »
Nce bow blackhawk and impressive speeds for the arrow wieght and the stubby draw
Take a kid hunting today and you won't
Have to hunt for the kid tomorrow

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 11:11:43 pm »
I love everything about this post!  Bows are awesome and funny introduction.  What's the deal with the building in the background....that looks pretty cool too!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 12:18:32 am »
Chris
Nice stick !
Good job !
You are a dork !
What do I know I'm just a worthless nut !
Buckeye
Thanks for the laugh !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !