Author Topic: An apology...NOW I don't think, I know.  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Almostpighunter

An apology...NOW I don't think, I know.
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:04:45 am »
Okay so I posted a somewhat obnoxious, but humorous (IMO) post asking a question about dog treat sinew for backing a bow. Although the question I posed was a legitimate one that I seriously wanted an answer for, the method through which I asked the question (specifically how the question came about) must have been seen as offensive by someone as the post has disappeared without explanation. I can only assume there was an issue with the subject matter as being inappropriate because no explanation was given or any personal message sent to my inbox. Just an arbitrary erasure.

I really don't know what the problem was as I personally thought this was an absolutely hilarious story, funny concept and serious question, but I NEVER meant to offend anyone with the post, if such a thing was possible, and if it did occur then I wholeheartedly apologize to whomever may have been offended.

I also would like to say thank you to Toomanyknots for replying to the post and being genuinely helpful with his legitimate and appropriate information.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:15:31 pm by Almostpighunter »

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
Re: An apology...I think.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 12:23:05 am »
i also thought it was funny if it makes you feel better ;), but im sure if you haven't heard about why it was removed then it wasn't too bad
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:54:10 am »
I must have missed it.  Is it ok to use?

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 03:00:50 am »
Don't really think one of the moderaters would erase a thread for whatever reason without giving notice about it. Sounds more like some technical problem. For a while it happend that I replied to threads and the reply simply disappeared (haven't had that lately).
Frank from Germany...

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 04:12:01 am »
Ah well, the apology is out there if offense was given. If it is a tech issue, then no harm done I guess.

@ Fishfinder: I certainly thought so too, but thanks for the support bruddah.

@ Prairie Bowyer: Toomanyknots identified a particular type of dog treat sinew that had worked for him in the past as a bow backing but NOT as a glue (apparently it cracks when used as glue).

@ medicinewheel: Thank you for the input. I really hope it was just a tech issue...if not it means I'm not nearly as funny as I thought  :o

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 05:00:36 am »
There's a big gap at the end of my garden, so I think someone must have taken a fence  ::)
But seriously, I though the dog chews were a good source of rawhide for bow backing (I've used it) not sinew.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 07:05:36 am »
Thanks for the apology, humor is a fine line. :)It was removed and I think you know why. :)You was supposed to have been sent a message to explane,If you haven't got it I am sure you will soon. All is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 11:25:08 am »
I moved it, but didn't send a message YET because I do not make the decision by myself. When a post is removed it is moved to an area where all of the moderators can view it and decide what should be done with it. What one person thinks is inappropriate may be fine to others so we like to get several opinions before we make a rash statement or make a permanent decision.

The problem with the post was not just using sinew form a dog chew. As with every other post that is removed, you will get a PM to explain. You were sent one last night at 8:50, but I will send another to explain if you didn't get it.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline PatM

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 02:18:33 pm »
IIRC there was a similar post either on here or Paleoplanet along the same subject line and it got a couple of pages of response without moderator response. Oddly both forums share many of the same mods.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 02:33:40 pm »
PatM, the moderators/administrators don't make the rules, but we try to respect the wishes and abide by the rules that were set by the owners of this forum. They requested that this site stay family friendly so we keep it that way. The questions on sinew were OK, but when sexual innuendos are added to any post they go.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 04:14:15 pm »
Okay, I have received a response in my messages and the moderators made their point and made it beautifully. I admit I did get a bit carried away with the humor in the post and ran with it more than I should have, so the apology I posted above was warranted and I offer it sincerely. It won't happen again.

Mike

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: An apology...NOW I don't think, I know.
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 05:23:45 pm »
Mike,

Thank you for your response.  We are all human and we all make mistakes and learn from them and move on.  It is character when we can all take some feedback and be able to move forward.  I appreciate that and commend you for that 8)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Denham Archer

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 05:39:03 pm »
A good man knows how to apologize!  Well done!

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 08:06:22 pm »
A good man knows how to apologize!  Well done!
then he is truly a good man ;)
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 12:04:00 am »
@Fishfinder & Denham Archer: Thanks guys!    :D