Author Topic: Latest Points  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
Latest Points
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:15:06 pm »
Here are two points I finished last night. I'm finally getting the thinning concept down but still working on my notches.
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline Tower

Re: Latest Points
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:57:53 pm »
Nice ones. Symmetry is good. Haft em up & let em fly! Try practicing your notching on a flake .try notching it about 1/4 inch apart. Its the best way I know to get better & you don't break a point trying it.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:08:08 pm »
 Yep, like Tower said, and I think shallow notching on hunting points keep them from breaking easier.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 11:53:59 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys.
Nice ones. Symmetry is good. Haft em up & let em fly! Try practicing your notching on a flake .try notching it about 1/4 inch apart. Its the best way I know to get better & you don't break a point trying it.
I've got plenty of broken preforms and missplaced bopper hits to practice on. Why didn't I think of that???
Yep, like Tower said, and I think shallow notching on hunting points keep them from breaking easier.
Eddie, that makes sense.
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 01:11:05 am »
Them are some sweet looking points ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 12:03:30 pm »
Those are some nice looking points. Nice convexity, no steps, clean.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.