Author Topic: Check this out!  (Read 2420 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

Check this out!
« on: October 05, 2011, 01:46:44 pm »
Hi guys, wanted to share this with you guys and some may have already seen this off of ebay.  What do you think???  If this person were to sell this I am in the wrong business!...lol

Russ

http://www.ebay.c om/itm/Deer-Chipped-Knives-Knife-Chipped-Stone-Flint-Knapping-/250897257937?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6aa455d1
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:52:53 am by Pappy »
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline jonathan creason

Re: Check this out!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 01:58:00 pm »
I think they're good looking knives, but yeah if he gets that I'm handing in my resignation tomorrow.  ;D
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline thomas h

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 02:37:30 pm »
there was a guy that sold an assault rock in protest to eBay gun rules he got a couple grand for that.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:40:57 pm »
Me and my buddy snakeman saw that the other day when I was searching for flint.   There's a "make an offer" button I was gonna mess with him a little.   O:)  That's just a crazy price either way.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline StevenT

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 06:30:08 pm »
I don't know what he was smoking. Maybe his finger got stuck pressing his 0 key. I am going to have to watch this just for the heck of it.

Here is another one with a lot more zero's in the asking price.
http://www.ebay. com/itm/ARROWHEADS-INDIAN-ARTIFACTS-4600-PC-MUSEUM-QUALITY-COL-SALE-/350490764252?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0 &hash=item519ae0a3dc
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:53:31 am by Pappy »

Offline StevenT

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 06:34:12 pm »
Did you notice he also wants $100 to ship those two knives? They must be a lot bigger than they look in the picture.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 06:50:54 pm »
WOW that was rediculous... one more is and I hope it isnt anyone I know(i doubt it is) but on ebay some one is selling multiple display cases of knapped glass, it looks like a beginner made them and the price is absurd for what it is... let me see if i can find it for u guys?

http://www.e bay. com/itm/10-Point-Knapped-Arrowheads-Reproduction-Flint-Art-Colored-Glass-/150666156085?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2314671835

PS CHECK OUT THIS GUYS OTHER ITEMS!!!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:54:30 am by Pappy »
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline jkyarcher

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:30:38 pm »
those people sure are proud of their stone.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 08:41:41 pm »
Thanks guys I needed a good laugh  ;D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Tower

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 09:02:37 pm »
I always thought of Knapping as a hobbie. I could sell my points & retire , maybe build more points. Have enough time & money to make all the knap-ins! Meet all my P.A. Friends!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 10:06:23 pm »
   The first dude and the pretty Washington points  are insinuating that they might be ancient, A bunch of Shysters. >:( I'd love to know who made those points in that case from Washington, Emory Coons?

The pawn shop dealer is dreaming about those glass points, makes me want to dig through my debitage pile. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 01:14:26 am »
Anybody that would but either of those...deserves what they get.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 01:30:41 am »
if any of those sell, im going to spend more time learning knapping and quit school ;D
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline StevenT

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 11:00:43 am »
Mullet, I am with you. I looked at the "Museum" ad and I am not so sure those are not modern points either. Some of them may be the real deal, but to have that many "absolutly perfect" points.... ?????

As for selling on eBay... It will not surprise me if the glass ones sell. You can sell almost anything on eBay. I saw a guy sell a stick he picked up in the woods. He advertised it as a possible magical wand. He was up front about it saying he fond it under a tree on a walk. Said it didn't have any magical properties for himself, but in the right hands, it "might" have magical properties. Damned it someone didn't buy it. Think about it, I bet you could sell a bag of bunny poop. You just have to advertise it right. Something like "Secret ingrediant the Native Americans used to make pine pitch for mounting arrowheads". I bet you could get $10 bucks easy!!!!