Author Topic: Favor request for a Friend's boss with Prostate Cancer.  (Read 3552 times)

Offline stickbender

Favor request for a Friend's boss with Prostate Cancer.
« on: October 02, 2011, 02:22:38 am »
     Howdy Pa members, I have a favor to ask......
     A good friend of mine has a Brother who's boss has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer.  His Brother says his Boss really likes arrowheads, and pretty much the primitive stuff.  I think he has found a few here and there.  He doesn't knapp, but just appreciates them.  My Buddy told his Brother that I knapp.  I do break stone, but Knapp?  Well anyway, he said his Brother would really like to get some arrowheads, for him.  I told him I can make functional, but not pretty, and that I would let him sort through some of my hunting points, and he could take some of those to him.  He said that is ok, since some of those he has found were not real pretty, just pretty neat.  So anyone out there who would like to donate an arrow head, or something in that line, or a primitive tool, I would appreciate it if you would send him one. It could even be a trade point.   His Boss is a really nice guy.  If you are interested, his Name is Steve Mathias.  You can send your primitive object, or arrowhead, etc. to him care of Chris Falter 2105 Jerrylynn court, Plant City, Fl,33567.  If you would please put a little sticky note or something to say what style of arrow head, or tool, type of stone, etc., or if it is just a free lance style, and so forth, plus your name if you want.  You can sign them.  Thanks, I appreciate it, and I know his Boss will.  It will make his treatment go a little easier.
                                                                   Wayne

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: Favor request for a Friend's boss with Prostate Cancer.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 06:22:05 pm »
ill send one this week
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 08:48:39 pm »
 I'll either send one to Chris or take it by.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 11:12:13 pm »
I will send one this week. Thanks for letting us know and he and his family will be in our prayers.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 11:19:32 pm »
I have no idea what style of point I'm making; if that's OK I can send one.  I made another 90grain point too light to hunt with this afternoon.  I also have a bunch of knapped hearts.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 11:28:59 pm »
I will get one or two in the mail this week.  One just fell out of a rock that criveraville sent me.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 12:22:11 am »
     Jamie, Eddie, George, Cipriano,Madcrow; Thanks Guys, I know he will appreciate them, and the prayers.  I am going to let my Buddy or his Brother scrounge though my stuff and see if there is anything he thinks he might like.

Wayne

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 12:34:15 am »
That's too cool madcrow:) too cool!

Wayne,

Glad to help. I will also send some artifact scrapers that came from Comanche, TX.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Tower

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 10:50:52 am »
I've a few that I can send.  I'll put him in my prayers!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 07:31:37 pm »

Thanks Tower, and cipriano.  I am sure he will enjoy all the stuff.  It will be like Christmas a little early for him.  It is people like you guys on here that make PA such a great place to be involved with. 

Wayne

Offline Tower

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 12:14:29 am »
Walked an old plowed field next to the dry Comal river yesterday. Found oodles of broken preforms & scrapers. There kinda thick , but if you think he'll like them I'll send them too. Can give a brief description of where their found.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 01:58:38 am »

Thanks Tower, I am sure he will like them.  He likes any kind of stuff like that, the history, etc.
Yes please include any info on them you can, and your name if you will.

thanks again.

Wayne