Author Topic: Texting and Driving  (Read 7818 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Texting and Driving
« on: September 30, 2011, 01:51:28 pm »
Sorry, but I have to vent. I'm getting so tired of sitting at a traffic light, it turns green and the jerk in front of you is Texting. When he finally realizes it's time to go, they run the yellow and you get to sit through it again. Or the ones driving slow on the Interstate in the passing lane Texting.

It makes me want to install big, rubber tires on the front of my Jeep so I can push them out of the way. Anybody else having this problem?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Kpete

Re: Texting and Driving
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 02:02:03 pm »
worse than that is text service from elk camp.!  OK it is not so  bad when we need a spare or ice or fuel brought up by the next guy coming to camp, but texting from elk camp is worse than texting at a stop light.
mullet, I wonder how we got along before we had such things.  To me they are a huge drain on time.  Not near as productive as typing on this website!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 02:05:35 pm »
170,000 miles a year dealing with that stupidity and much, much worse!!!  The best advice I ever got concerning controlling road rage, "when someone cuts you off, drives slow in the left lane or any other act of idiocy on the highway, imagine that person is your beloved family member or friend, be patient, just shake your head and go on.  Regardless of who they are, they fit that criteria for someone.  It's really not worth getting in trouble over."  Since receiving that advice and following it, driving has become a whole lot less stressfull.  Hope this helps,
                                                                                Josh

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:06:43 pm »
Yea, man Eddie.. I hate when i'm texting and miss a green light too, hahaha >:D. Naw, haven't done that in months i promise ;D. I don't know if it's all txting or not, i do a LOT of interstate travel and get iritated quite often. A high school girl killed herself here couple of years ago txting and driving, just not good business. I leave it alone unless i'm pulled over somewhere these days.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 02:54:13 pm »
I see IDIOTS everyday on the road texting while driving. I suppose thats God's way of thinning weaker minded animals from the herd. If you have a fully functioning brain it will tell you not to text and drive.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 02:54:51 pm »
I have been taking their picture with my phone when they are texting (when I am the pasenger). It makes them wonder why?????????
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 03:15:49 pm »
I see IDIOTS everyday on the road texting while driving. I suppose thats God's way of thinning weaker minded animals from the herd. If you have a fully functioning brain it will tell you not to text and drive.

Have you seen the stats of pedestrians hit by texting drivers?  The wrong herd is getting thinned.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 03:29:43 pm »
Yup, drives me absolutely insane...I am the guy who struggles with "road rage" from time to time  >:D and nothing ticks me off more than folks texting on their cells.  I think you ought to be able to shoot out there tires and call them in to the Cops with their location for arrest  ::)  eck, I'd just LOVE to see Cops ticket or pull someone over for doing that here in MI since it is against the law but no one enforces it so no one cares...
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 03:42:55 pm »
 Lee, I think everybody ought to be able to shoot their cars with a dart gun like the comedian Gallagher uses in his act. It sticks and a little flag with STUPID unfurls. When you have six on your car you automatically get pulled over and get a ticket.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 03:51:37 pm »
Touche' J-dub.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 03:52:17 pm »
Heck yeah, I'd sign up for that one in a heartbeat, can I get those "darts" in .45 cal for my Concealed?  LOL
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline cracker

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 03:55:42 pm »
I had to fire a woman here at the shop a while back she was texting and stumbling through the shop and fell over a pice of beam if I hadn't been in just the right spot to catch her she would have fallen head first into the scrap bin and probably been seriously hurt. We have a strict no cell phone in the shop rule and I enforce it. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 04:58:16 pm »
 Ronnie;
A lot of the Mines and Chemical Plants I'm working in are banning phone use while driving. You have to pull over and stop if you use your phone. Nothing sucks worse than getting run over by a Michigan Front End loader while texting.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cracker

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 05:36:29 pm »
We Have a no cell phone while driving policy as well. It's a little harder to enforce. If I'm on a back road I will answer but if I have to call out I pull over and I never text while driving I don't even look at the phone.Ronnie

Offline cracker

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 05:41:59 pm »
In Augusta around the medical college there is a lot of foot traffic there have been several pedestrians hit when they walked out under a green light looking at a text and oblivious to what is going on around them. One was even run over and killed by a school bus. There are now crossing cops who write tickets to oblivious pedestrians. Ron