Author Topic: Numero Dos  (Read 1696 times)

Offline DLH

Numero Dos
« on: September 28, 2011, 02:20:59 am »
Put away my knapping and bow attemping in the summer after it made me angry so im back trying and refreshed. Here is a point that i made today from so Sonora I got from Shannon I haven't knapped much but its prolly one of my favorites so far. I don't really know what style the point is at this point im just trying to make something that resembles a point. Couldn't get all the cortex off but thats not much compared to what was on there at the start the look is kinda growing on me. Any suggestions? Open to critique. Thanks.

Offline Jimbob

Re: Numero Dos
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 05:32:48 am »
I like it.  How long have you been knapping?
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:11:07 am »
I like the color, I don't know how to knap, but I do know how to put that to work!!! Now go paint it with the skill in witch you made it...MAKE MEAT!!!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 07:40:11 am »
That point looks just fine and i'm sure will do what it's intended for if your gonna hunt with it. No critique you just need to get more rocks and stay after it :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:53:35 am »
I agree with cowboy keep hitting rock that point looks good. 
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Tower

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 10:05:03 am »
Looking good.  That point will hunt. Practice,practice,& more practice.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline DLH

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 11:44:40 am »
Bandit since last weekend of april at the classic but didn't do much this summer. But I'm back at it gonna try and make another today or atleast start. iowabow that topic you posted helped i used that on this point. Thanks everyone.