Author Topic: Natural Bridge Caverns Artifacts  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Jimbob

Natural Bridge Caverns Artifacts
« on: September 19, 2011, 11:49:39 am »
While on vacation in Texas we went to the Natural Bridge Caverns in San Antonio.  It had been quite a while since I had been there last, I couldnt have been any older than 10.  This time around I appreciated it much more.  Just inside the building there were some cases of artifacts that were found at the entrance.  While looking at some of the broken points I was thinking to myself that I knew how that guy felt but anyway here are the pictures.  Also if you have never been you should really go.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Natural Bridge Caverns Artifacts
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 02:44:34 pm »
I've stood around and stared at those a few times. Last time i went in there i took my own flashlight just to look at all the Georgetown flint embedded in the walls, ceiling, and floors - WOW there's a bunch of flint in there! The tour guide was not ammused ::) ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 04:01:23 pm »
That's probably the only cavern in Texas I haven't been to. Lots of flint in Inner space cavern too. Archaic points on display are an added pleasure to visiting caves. Hope you & the family had a great time.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:30:17 pm »
We did have a good time, we got about half way through the tour and my daughter starts freakin out.  We kept telling her that "we're almost out of here" and it worked until we reached the end.  When we stepped back outside she claimed that the only reason she was scared was because the tour guide said it was illegal to touch the walls and she didnt want to go to jail.  Some day I'd like to check out Carlsbad and Longhorn Caverns.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 04:53:16 pm »
Never been to this cave, but did go to Longhorn.. It is a neat cave and my kids enjoyed it.  Hope to go back soon. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.