Author Topic: Convenient dry lubricant  (Read 1409 times)

Offline upthecreek

Convenient dry lubricant
« on: September 23, 2011, 01:40:38 pm »
I was playing with my new Huntmore seat and noticed a creak. Determined it was originating in the webbing so I got my soapstone out of the pack and rubbed it on some emery cloth creating some powder and dusted the webbings. This resulted in no more noise. Welders soapstone sticks (rectangular works better than round) rubbed on a rock, small square of emery cloth, sandpaper or whatever makes great lubricant. It is nothing more than talc. I have used it for years on shooting gloves, tabs, leather arrow shelves, treestands, swivel seat poles in boats and more. Ever draw on a deer and have the glove sound like a big cowboy mounting a new saddle? The soapstone eliminates that horrendous to me noise. Keep one in your pack, pocket, console, and workshop to eliminate squeaks, creaks, and squawks. Just thought everyone might not be aware of this most convenient of lubricants. I don't recommend it for fine firearms and fishing reels.
Mike

Offline johnston

Re: Convenient dry lubricant
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:44:19 pm »
Spent twenty years in heavy construction and sometimes in the summer we would have, well...places that were rubbed raw by our jeans.( Crotch rot). Soapstone dust by the handful would get you through the day.

Lane