Author Topic: One More Hog With Air  (Read 5841 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

One More Hog With Air
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:46:49 am »
I got this nice Saw about 3-4 weeks ago, I was still hunting and it took a few minutes before I was able to take the shot, I was carrying a Sumatra .25 cal, the precision of this Airguns is great for the perfect headshots  ;)

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: One More Hog With Air
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 01:54:56 am »
I think airgun hunting is RAD!!!   That's a big ol pig too>  Thanks for the post!! 8)
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08:49 am »
Nice Pig!!!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 03:43:43 pm »
Thats a mean air rifle man! Nice harvest.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline dbb

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 08:41:41 pm »
Nice sized pig,and supernice airgun!
I got a FX cutlas myself but only a 22,the only bad thing about theese guns is that you cant put the blame on the gun if you miss anything :-\

/Mikael
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 02:33:01 am »
Cant help bit think of, " Lord of the Flies" when I read this. That's one big pig! Wow. How far away were you? How many were there? If you hunt more moongoose post pics. That thread was cool too.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline fencepost

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 02:34:42 am »
mine is a cc customs (made by a buddy) 9mm precharged....shoots 1350fps pushed by 3200psi only shoots 3 times per charge ..fun but hard to carry a  air compressor in the woods

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 03:35:33 pm »
mine is a cc customs (made by a buddy) 9mm precharged....shoots 1350fps pushed by 3200psi only shoots 3 times per charge ..fun but hard to carry a  air compressor in the woods

There's no need to carry a compressor in the woods, one shot it's all it takes  :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 03:37:19 pm »
Cant help bit think of, " Lord of the Flies" when I read this. That's one big pig! Wow. How far away were you? How many were there? If you hunt more moongoose post pics. That thread was cool too.

Cipriano

It was about 35-40 yards, I'm planning to set up a mongoose hunt soon  ;D ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline criveraville

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 05:05:01 pm »
thats a long shot with air.  Very impressive.  the moongoose hunt reminds me of Rikki Tikki.... Seems that most things remind me of literatures ;) Are there lots of snakes on your Island??

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 07:22:28 pm »
thats a long shot with air.  Very impressive.  the moongoose hunt reminds me of Rikki Tikki.... Seems that most things remind me of literatures ;) Are there lots of snakes on your Island??

Cipriano

No Snakes on the Islands, that's why we take mongoose any occasion we have.

this one showed up as I was Hog hunting, 45 yards shot with one of my .357 cal airguns

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline stickbender

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 10:51:08 pm »
     That's a nice one.  I see a pit being dug, banana leaves being picked, veggies, being prepared, a keg being set up, and friends coming over for a party, and a fantastic dinner the next day!  We used to have pit parties.  Man the food is just indescribably delicious cooked that way!  And you have Australian pine for the coals too!  D$#@!  Now I am hungry, and I just had four slices of pizza, and a beer! :P :( ;) :D

Enjoy, Manny!  Have you ever tried the Mongoose?  Just wondering.

Wayne
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:24:26 am by stickbender »

Offline criveraville

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 12:04:39 am »
Thats a perfect shot. I sure hope you skinned that critter and have the hide salted ;)

Wayne you made me hungry too...

Cipriano

Offline fencepost

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 04:30:26 am »
.177 crossman works well around house. no hogs around here

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 04:13:47 pm »
  SWEET
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING