Author Topic: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE 2011!!!!!  (Read 96982 times)

Offline Polar Bear

Re: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE SIGN UP!
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2011, 05:58:20 pm »
Since this is my first trade I went and looked at last years exchanges.  WOW!  I'm not near that talented but I will do my best.  Can't wait to find out who will be receiving my gift.
When we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong no one forgets.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
Re: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE 2011!!!!!
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2011, 07:51:20 pm »
i got my person's name ;D
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2011, 05:16:49 pm »
Greetings All,

So here are some initial shots of the wood I'll be using for the "Old Sage" staff I'm building for my Christmas Recipient.
Harvested this old branch, of mostly heart wood, off of my Uncle's place in Fairfield, TX. back on July 4th of this year.
It was a dead branch hanging on a living Osage tree. She sure looked rough on the outside, but you can see the pretty wood revealed on the end grain.
Working her down with Paint Scraper, Carving Knife, Cabinet Scraper and to a lesser degree Farriers Rasp.

If this is posted in the wrong place please feel free to move it.   :)

Thank You.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »
Gus thanks for posting! I look forward to progress! No this is not the wrong place, I hope more post stuff like this on this thread so it is easily accesed when people search for the christmas exchange. Thanks for shareing!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2011, 08:49:11 pm »
   Have   all  the   names  been  drawn??????  JeffW

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2011, 09:09:09 pm »
Jeff yes everyone should have there names if you have checked your personal messages and did not recieve a name contact justin snyder or calendargirl or let me know and I will get you figured out.

Josh
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:37:33 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2011, 09:28:34 pm »
I have not received my name.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2011, 09:40:40 pm »
Ok Hobow and jeffhalfrack you will have to PM Justin Snyder or calendargirl as they have the list of names and who was matched with who. I gave out some names but I didnt have either of you on my list. If you need me to I can contact one of them for you but you should be able to get the same info I would just without me being the middle man. Thanks if any one else has any questions comments or concerns let me know.

Josh

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2011, 01:01:41 am »
Marie sent me a list with everyone on it so if you didn't get yours drop me a PM.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2011, 10:47:11 am »
So, is anybody done yet?  What?  Just asking.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2011, 10:52:14 am »
Nope, not done yet...haven't really started yet cause I need to read up and do a little "research" on my recipient.  Sure does feel weird, like a "Stalker" weird, to pick out a persons name and read a bunch of their threads and such...but it is probably the best way to make sure you pick the right type of gift for the person.

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline BearG

« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2011, 11:06:01 am »
Nope, not done yet...haven't really started yet cause I need to read up and do a little "research" on my recipient.  Sure does feel weird, like a "Stalker" weird, to pick out a persons name and read a bunch of their threads and such...but it is probably the best way to make sure you pick the right type of gift for the person.
I know what you mean.  But I personaly feel anything this group makes is going to be a treasure.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2011, 01:43:56 pm »
I felt like a stalker too but that it how You find out the info you want.. 

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2011, 01:47:30 pm »
I have already stalked every one in this trades profile hahahahhaaaaa ;)

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2011, 01:59:23 pm »
I am excited about this exchange - not your typical white elephant xmas exchange at the office.  California to Alberta hopefully I will get to go there someday.... Had snow here in Yosemite to about 5000' Yosemite falls is loking foo. If y'all want to see my office go to YosemiteConservancy.org and look up their webcams.