Author Topic: Couple fails that turned into successes (pics)  (Read 2063 times)

Offline GooseGossett

Couple fails that turned into successes (pics)
« on: September 17, 2011, 02:48:03 am »

So I started out having a son who just started eating rice cereal and it has him stopped up since Tuesday.  So while mom was working a 12 hour shift I had the opportunity to try and encourage something out.  Didn't happen.  So after a long day with my boy I decided to go out to the garage for a bit while momma spent some son/mom time.  It didn't start out well when I snapped off one ear and turned around and did it again.  I did however save both points (although not legal to hunt with for deer in AR).  I'm working on getting my point more uniform and pointy with the scrunching.  My points are getting better, not great but better. 

1 John 3:18 "Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. "

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Couple fails that turned into successes (pics)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 03:17:07 am »
Nice, I like to do that too.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 11:42:31 am »
Cute kid and nice save.  I break wm like that a lot, I throw them back into the pile and my 7yr. old goes thruough it and salvages them back out and tries to fix them.  Hopefully you get it down before your kid reaches that age.  :o ;D 
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 03:16:36 am »
Rice gets mine too.

Try Oatmeal.  We chop dried fruit into it like prunes, rasins, or such.  Her fav is (1) tropical mix with mangos and papays (2) some mix with apples and cherries and rasins.  Oatmeal can be ground in the processor to a powder if the finer texture is needed.

Fresh fruit helps alot and make them drink.  We got much better regularity from ours when we started with the yogurt with active cultures and probiotics.  We also use a supplement with digestive enzymes.  PM me if you want to know what it is.  I'll need to look it up.

Offline GooseGossett

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 01:37:34 am »
HA HA and I thought I would only get flintknapping help here  :laugh: 

Prarie: my wife is a pediatric nurse and has scoured her connections and the internet to find out what works best.  I'll pass the information on to her (it might be old hat for her).  I'm just working on nodding my head and smiling.  I plead ignorant until his draw length gets over 10"  :P
1 John 3:18 "Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. "

Offline Tower

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:30:43 am »
Them are nice ones. What's the broadhead restriction there? You can always squirrel & rabbit hunt. Again ya made some nice ones.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 03:39:54 am »
Hey, what can I say.  I like kids.  We had so many struggles with all sorts of stuff.  Pooping was the biggest probably.  That and thumb sucking = sick every other week.

PM me if you want that enzymatic thing.  Oh and I think magnezium helps alot.  . .  that might be adults.  I don't remember now.  I eat what I'm told. 

Thanks
PB

Offline GooseGossett

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 03:56:25 am »
Tower: I think the restriction in AR is 7/8" and no serration.  So they are just under the width restriction. 

Prarie:  I'll let you know what the wife says.  You eat what you are told and I do what I'm told  :laugh:

Offline StevenT

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 04:09:47 pm »
Great job on the points. As for the little one, we just had to search for a nickle the grandson swallowed. Took a week.... oatmeal did the trick. You would be surprised how dark a nickle gets after it passes through a three year old.