Author Topic: sawing staves ( pics added)  (Read 9424 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: sawing staves
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 11:59:10 am »
Told you I was confused your intro did say you were sawing staves. :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 09:55:57 pm »
Jwarge, im looking to saw the straight grain staves I'll still do character staves by hand. And I also wish to make arrow squares.
   I have orders the grizzly go513x2 17" 2hp, with a resaw fence.4x what I wanted to spend. But who needs money when you have a visa ;D it is do to arrive this week some time, can't wait ill post when it arrives ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 10:02:25 pm »
.4x what I wanted to spend. But who needs money when you have a visa ;D
[/quote]

I tried convinceing my wife of that once.  She took away my visa :'(

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 12:27:25 am »
Gundoc my grandpappy once told me that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to beg for permission  ;) I know one shuld not spend what they don't have....but this addiction (and the voices in my head )forced me to do it >:D

Offline Josh B

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 03:07:57 am »
I can relate !
   Josh

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 10:10:16 am »
... it is do to arrive this week some time,...
That will never fit through your letter box ::).
Tell your wife you are helping to ease the global economic recession by spending some money. >:D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 02:17:33 pm »
three summers ago i found a 19 inch 3 horse power grizzly band saw on craigslist for $900.  I drove the few hours to go look at it with 1/2 the money.  It was practically new.  had just been used for a project in a moulding company shop.  the guy selling it was super nice and agree to take 1/2 and let me return in a month with the remainder to pick her up.  I couldnt hardly sleep at night thinking about all the things i was gonna make with that saw.  I was so excited.  Im a teacher and get paid once a month.  So pick up day came and my two kids and I drove up in our mini van with a small trailer.  I paid the guy and he loaded it up with a fork lift.  When I got her home my buddy came over to help me get 220 in my shop.  That is when I found out the saw was 3phase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[ :-\ :-[ :-\ :-[ :-\  The nice guy never mentioned 3 phase. 

What is 3 phase I asked my buddy???  I had been take and big time.  Talk about a bummer.  That saw sat in my shop for over two years.  Was not worth the trouble or money to change it over or to buy a converter.. I finally traded it for a 19 inch single phase grizzly plainer that sat i my shop for over a year and i didnt use. I just a traded it for a spot on a lease that my son and I can go out on.  And I bought a small Rigid band saw at a pawn shop and called it good..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 01:40:34 am »
Criveraville -man went from good to bad to ok to great.things worked out for the better .

Ill tell you I've got lines run just have to light em up.the saw was to have arrived between 12 and3 on Thursday but they forgot to put it on the truck.so they say the same time on Friday and yet again they forget to load it... >:( ... :-X we will stop there as the words get a little sour. But I am hoping Monday will find everyone @the motor carryer well rested and ready to do their jobs .

Del - I did use that very reason, as you could very well imagen im looking for a better line  ;)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 10:23:46 pm »
Finely, after numerous times of not showing up by the trucking co.here it is!!   Have to go to work have not put the table or resaw fence on yet
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 03:12:33 am by soy »

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: sawing staves ( pics added)
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 11:44:06 am »
soy, yes sir.. It all worked out and we have fun out there. 

That is one good looking saw.. tell us how it performs.. congrats

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: sawing staves ( pics added)
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 11:49:36 pm »
Boy this has been a journey, I an hopefully able to get time to wire the outlet tomorrow. I grabbed a 20amp breaker when I need a 15 amp, and a l10-20 setup instead of a 6-15 for the outlet. Maby what I have will work??? Any way got the blades today, hope to make some dust before the weekend  >:D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:17:50 am by soy »