Author Topic: finished my second bow (girlfriends bow)  (Read 1863 times)

Offline merriick1990

finished my second bow (girlfriends bow)
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:12:10 pm »
so i must say i am very proud of this bow! it started out as a bow for me, but when i was doing the thickness taper (which i was using a jigsaw for) i guess i didnt see the jigsaw going down the limb at a MASSIVE angle! and it ended up leaving a very low spot!! like ruined the piece of wood, mine as well throw it away and get a new piece! low.. but instead i tried making a bow for my girlfriend! shes very small and can only pull back 15#! long story short! in 5 hours i made that useless piece of wood into a quite stylish bow for my lovely girlfriend :) the tips, like my first bow i posted last night, are quite stiff, but i did that on purpose due to the thinness of the limbs due to my lack of skill with a jigsaw! so here is the video of my new red oak board bow 15# @ 27" enjoy and leave feed back!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/yEbV0beZeeI

Offline Aelerik

Re: finished my second bow (girlfriends bow)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:11:46 am »
very cool, the tiller looks awesome

Offline coaster500

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 05:27:23 am »
Lucy girl !! Looks like a shooter  ;D
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:36:24 am »
Nice looking bow,you also should have learned a good lesson,always keep the part of the blade you can't see away from the wood. More stave's are ruined by trying to keep the stave flat instead of angling the bottom of the stave away from the blade. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline merriick1990

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:00:55 pm »
Thanks everyone for your comments! ;D the more I look at the tiller the less I like it but I know i thought it was good at the time due to the lack of wood I had to work with :)

And yeah pappy, I'll say I learned a lesson! Needless to say I'll be staying away from making thickness rappers with a jigsaw for awhile! Does anyone have any other suggestions on types of bows I could make that are easy and fun? So far I've tried a mollegabet (broke) pyramid bow, and this one which in my mind is a slight variation of a pyramid bow( I'm sure there's a real name for it but I don't know it  :-\