Author Topic: can't post pics!!!  (Read 2346 times)

Offline billy

can't post pics!!!
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:45:51 pm »
ANyone ever figure out why the hell I can't post pics on here???  I read some other posts that said they were working on it but not one of them had any solution.  I tried posting them the old way but it didn't work, keeps saying there's an error, that I didn't pass security or some BS. >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Is there some new procedure you have to follow to get pics uploaded??  Let me know if anyone can help me here....

Thanks!!   
Marietta, Georgia

Offline billy

Re: can't post pics!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 12:56:44 pm »
I've resized the pics and they are well below the 200 KB minimum
Marietta, Georgia

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 01:45:15 pm »
see the post by Maddog - "can't post photos" there are a few replies there!

Offline Stoker

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:57:41 pm »
Been doing it the same old way from my pictures the way El D explained it a ways back still works for me.Do you have a new secuirity system on your computer?
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 04:06:17 pm »
I've been useing photo bucket with know problems, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 08:54:46 pm »
Billy;

With the new format and the recent 9/11 anniversary the security checks have stepped up to DefCon 4, which means you have to declare all that money you are making on magazine articles, and once cleared by the IRS and Homeland Security you will, maybe, be allowed to post pictures. You drew attention from the Authorities when you were able to post the video on the guy raising Turkeys.

So, wear dark sunglasses and maybe grow a mustache till it is straightended out. 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline TRACY

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 07:43:11 pm »
Billy, I have tried to start a post to pinpoint the problem ,but it isn't taking off. Im with you and am frustrated that I can't post pics anymore. I sure would have thought with all the skill and talent here that someone would have stepped forward with some kind of solution. I will keep plugging away until I figure it out or lose interest.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 08:04:11 pm »
Tracy, I'm starting to think it has something to do with how many pictures and how busy the site is. I posted pictures today the way I've always done it and they went up quick.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 08:26:23 pm »
It is a bug in the SMF programming from what I can tell and we don't have access to their software to make changes. I turned of the security so it shouldn't even be checking them. Having said that, there may be a work around, but Tracy started that thread so we could try to figure out if we can do something to fix it, but nobody posted any information about their problem so we still don't know anything.

I have tried to get help from SMF, but they don't respond.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:29:46 pm by Justin Snyder »
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline TRACY

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 03:25:10 pm »
Tracy, I'm starting to think it has something to do with how many pictures and how busy the site is. I posted pictures today the way I've always done it and they went up quick.
Very well could be the case. I've tried my school computer, IPad, another laptop, and still can't post pics. I have tried anywhere from 1to 3 pics at a time with no success. Baffled at this point. I wonder if I join again under another name if it would allow me to post pics? Thanks for all your doing guys!

Tracy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 05:48:19 pm »
Tracy, I did log off and then log back on.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline TRACY

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 08:23:52 pm »
Tracy, I did log off and then log back on.
I did just that and no luck. I'm cursed!!! :'(

I'll try something else, like go knap a point! LOL

Tracy

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 02:32:41 pm »
I'm in the same boat guys. Haven't been able to post pics since the new format. Thanks for working on it Justin. I thought i'd try photobucket or something but haven't gotten too serious about that yet.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 09:54:42 pm »
Ok - I am using a kodak easy share camera - I download to the computer - edit the photo using windows media center - save as whatever name I want to use and when I post I use the attachment option at the bottom of the post. I make sure that the pics I want to post are under the 200mb size limit. No problems yet since I figured the size part out! Size does matter!