Author Topic: Arrowhead and Artifact video  (Read 2815 times)

Offline jasestrong

Arrowhead and Artifact video
« on: September 12, 2011, 06:49:13 pm »
Here is a video of the arrowheads and points i have found!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyrWPjKIBlM
Jason

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: Arrowhead and Artifact video
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 07:46:22 pm »
nice collection
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline jasestrong

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:43:04 am »
Thank you Jamie! I haven't had time to go out in a while :( The site where i found most of these now has a $65 million dollar mansion on top of it >:(
Jason

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 03:36:36 pm »
  Broken points is the down side of hunting artifacts in an Orange Grove. You get to find them after the tractor disc does. :'( Those Turtle back scrapers actually look like bifaces to me.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 01:57:35 pm »
Very Nice!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline jasestrong

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:59:38 pm »
  Broken points is the down side of hunting artifacts in an Orange Grove. You get to find them after the tractor disc does. :'( Those Turtle back scrapers actually look like bifaces to me.

Eddie,

I can send you so pictures from over views! They are flat on the bottom and humped like a turtle shell!

I would be happy to have you look at them and identify them!

How did citrus go!

Jason
Jason

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 05:12:38 pm »
 Jason, I had something come up and never made it. I stayed home and sinew backed a bow and ate oysters.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 07:11:49 pm »
Cool vids, I watched more that one of yours.  Like the music too.  Next time I'm on YT, I'll try to subscribe.  Thanks, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 09:22:01 pm »
 Jason;
 I really believe that scrapers were not intentionally made to be scrapers. I think they were made mostly from wore out or broken points. Going to Artifact shows, you hear certain dealers selling marginal pieces, cheap, by giving them a cool name, and most of the time if you are a knapper you can see it is a long bulb flake or a preform. When you are knapping a lot you have too much scrap material to use to cut, skin or scrape a hide than to have to make a special tool you are only going to use a little bit.

I really doubt that paleo man went to the trouble to make cool knives like we post, just knock a long flake off and it works just as good, then you can throw it away, instead of having to carry it, since they were Nomadic hunters.

But, I really like the video, need you to show me how to do it. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Tower

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 12:11:16 am »
I enjoy that kinda stuff!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline jasestrong

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 09:09:10 pm »
Cool vids, I watched more that one of yours.  Like the music too.  Next time I'm on YT, I'll try to subscribe.  Thanks, dpg

I am glad you liked it! It is almost as good to make a video as it is to find a nice point, well almost as good!
I was a tribal police officer and i Meet the artist/Gutierrez at a Pow Wow on the Res and we hit it off and he gave me the CD! He was a cool dude on top of being a good musician!
Jason

Offline jasestrong

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 09:12:07 pm »
Jason;
 I really believe that scrapers were not intentionally made to be scrapers. I think they were made mostly from wore out or broken points. Going to Artifact shows, you hear certain dealers selling marginal pieces, cheap, by giving them a cool name, and most of the time if you are a knapper you can see it is a long bulb flake or a preform. When you are knapping a lot you have too much scrap material to use to cut, skin or scrape a hide than to have to make a special tool you are only going to use a little bit.

I really doubt that paleo man went to the trouble to make cool knives like we post, just knock a long flake off and it works just as good, then you can throw it away, instead of having to carry it, since they were Nomadic hunters.

But, I really like the video, need you to show me how to do it. ;D

Eddie,

We should try to get lunch one day now that my kids are back in school! Maybe something in the Middle like Plant City?

The videos are easy with photos, it was done with a program that came with my lap top! I could help you out!

Have a good weekend!
Jason

Offline jasestrong

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 11:25:58 am »
I enjoy that kinda stuff!
I am glad you liked it Tower! ;D
Jason