Author Topic: Robustus~ bamboo sandwich limbs?  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Prarie Bowyer

Robustus~ bamboo sandwich limbs?
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:10:23 am »
Hi,

I saw a post the other day here about bamboo backed bows with bamboo bellies that were made by Robustus.  I'm unable to find the post now.  There were pictures of beautiful bamboo R/D bows.  Anyone know where that post is?  If there is a build along for something like that I would be tickled.

Thanks,
PB

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
Re: Robustus~ bamboo sandwich limbs?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:22:51 pm »
go to the top of the page and do a search for my name ,you will find all the bows and post there for the last three or four years ,, sorry i dont have a build-a-long..........  james

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 01:16:29 pm »
James - I know you are a sponsor here, but I've tried a couple times to check out your website and it doesn't seem to be up.  Do you have plans on bringing it back online?  Just curious.

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 04:37:51 pm »
cameroo,i will be getting my site back up later this year,  my site will be completley revamped,, ill have more and better pics with dicriptions,, i will be offering horn bows, a few bamboo back/belly bows and the bows from the dark side, we all know the ones im talking of.... it will be a much better web site,, i really hope to have a lot more horn composites to offer,, i will have several in hand ,,, sorry for the inconvenience...    james

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 02:03:19 am »
The dark side is all fun.  The Sith only lost becasue Vader was a sappy puts.  When I graduated from little economist school I tried to figure out how to join the dark side. . . . but it was too crowded.  Hey If I'm gong to spend that kind of money for a bow. . . I want one that will last. 

The more primative bows I make the more I'm begining to think that there was a clear reason Bear, and Hill were fast to start incorporating that other material.

Yea I want to see more of your bows!  THAT is the kind of bow I'd like to make.  I got into this whole thing over a Konrad Voegle bow I saw on Youtube (Bow Aragon was the title).  I origianly wanted a cheap stick that would fling a bow at some carp after loosing my pole spear.  Are you willing to answer questions on the process?  But I do miss the time in the woods. 

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 01:52:25 pm »
I'm wondering if it's a good idea to make the belly boo go from tip to tip also.  Or should it end at the handle to relieve stress?