Author Topic: bow broke  (Read 4026 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: bow broke
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 11:49:41 am »
Get some hickory and try again!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 12:46:19 pm »
So what! LIke PD said get another stave and try it again. I must admit that design looks dangerous. I've never made one. You did a good job choosing that board. If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin'! Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline merriick1990

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 04:02:47 pm »
Lol thanks everyone! I just backed my pyramid bow last night and am just waiting for the glue to dry so I can finish it up and put on some snake skins! As soon as I find somewhere to get snake skins.. The part of Ohio I'm in is kinda out of snakes.. Lol

Offline Gordon

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 06:26:43 pm »
Gordon , its not a forgiving design if faithfully followed , if modified it is awesome the amount of energy storage and efficiency you can achive.

Why would such a design be particularly good at storing energy? I don't see how non-working levers could store energy any more than a non-working handle could. And while I do see how stiff tips can improve energy transfer to the string, this design takes that idea way to far to the point where the mass in the levers required to maintain stablity overwelms any such benefit. Of course folks are free to employ whatever design pleases them, but I can't understand the apparent widespread attraction of this particular design and it's offshots.
Gordon

Offline merriick1990

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 05:38:22 pm »
idk i found it interesting when i saw it but i am enjoying making my pyramid bow much more! much easier and much more fun  and better looking in my opinion

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 06:09:17 pm »
Gordon , it is leverage and string angle .beyond that all i will say is ive built 23 mollys and know it is a good design, not my favorite but i explored its design like others and then made my mind up. Dan Perry covers it well in his flight bow chapter in the fourth edition of TBB