Author Topic: distance between string nocks  (Read 2245 times)

Offline GaryR

distance between string nocks
« on: September 03, 2011, 05:59:34 pm »
When George and I finished my first bow the other day we put only one string nock on it. Rather than spend 2 hours traveling to and fro George's place to put a 83 cent nock on, I loaded up the wife & kids and went to Bass Pro. I bought a pack of nocks & the man working the bow counter crimped one on for me. My question to you guys is, how far apart should they be? Now, they are 1/4" apart. Seems like I've always seen more between them.
Thanx for any help,
Gary

Offline lowell

Re: distance between string nocks
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 06:50:50 pm »
If you mean the string nock where you put the arrow??......

I use just one (made from a wrap of dental floss)  and put it right above where I want my arrow to be and push the arrow up to it.
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 08:05:05 pm »
He shoots 3-under and wants to have a second nock under the arrow.   I'd put an arrow on the string and then leave about an eighth inch under it for the second nock. 

George
St Paul, TX

Offline GaryR

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 09:49:30 pm »
George, sounds pretty much like what I've got then. Won't know for sure till I get my arrows in.
Gary

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 10:36:54 pm »
Yeah I prefer to serve on a nocking point instead of the crimp on style.  I do use the crimp on style for starters then when I have it tuned where I want it I mark and replace it with a string on nocking point.  You can but one above and below if you like.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline dbb

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 08:33:30 am »
The one who teached me said to tune the upper point and then fix the lower with as small play as possible while making sure not to pinch the nock at full draw.
That works great for me as long as i use arrows with the same nockdimensions.  ;)

/Mikael

It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...