Author Topic: Posting pics on PA- problem solving  (Read 2898 times)

Offline TRACY

Posting pics on PA- problem solving
« on: September 02, 2011, 11:37:44 pm »
I've noticed on a lot of posts throughout PA since the change in format, that a lot of members that posted pics before, are now not able to post pics at all using the same technique. I contacted Mullet and Justin early on for advice and Justin has been working hard to change settings to find a solution to the problem(Thank You!). I have been trying to isolate the cause on my end without any success. With all of the talent and skill of members here, I thought I would start a post to find out what common software/systems are being used by those that can not post pics any more in an effort to find a solution to the problem. If Justin or others are able to see this info, it might help them to adjust the site's settings or identify the issue. I'll start by listing my info. Thanks for your input!

Tracy- Dell computer with Vista(32 bit home version) and IPad with OS and Verizon high speed int.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Posting pics on PA- problem solving
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:45:46 am »
 Good idea, Tracy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 02:13:21 am »
I don't have any problems.  I'm running a Dell laptop with Ubuntu linux as the OS.  My smartphone is a DroidX2/Verizon.  I upload pics to FlickR off my phone and put URLs in my posts using the laptop.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 11:29:18 am »
Hey George. Thanks again for the flickr tutorial in an earlier post! We use to be able to post pics straight from the desktop,folder, or flash drive and avoid the extra steps of using a pic posting service. Nothing wrong with the pic sites, just use to editing my pics to 22 percent and uploading them. Thanks for the input and keep posting point pics!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 09:04:19 pm »
Yeah I cannot post pics anymore either,useing a windows visa basic and windows jpg. for posting pics cannot figure it out yet but I am no computer guru-Hammertime

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 09:21:02 pm »
Yeah I cannot post pics anymore either,useing a windows visa basic and windows jpg.
You cannot see the pics? The browser Internet Explorer, Firefox or whatever your particular poison should automatically show them if you are signed in.  Do you have filters on your internet to block garbage?
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah