Author Topic: Timber rattler skins  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Timber rattler skins
« on: August 31, 2011, 01:47:22 pm »
Looking for a couple of similar timber rattler skins for my David Knight bow.  I understand they have a green tint?  They need to be around 32" to cover the limbs.  Just want some skins that will work for our country!  Also need a bow string for the bow which is boo backed IPE and is 62 /14" n2n.  Am to dum to figure out how to post pictures on the PA site but can send them via email!  Have some leather pieces elk, moose, and elephant, elk and white tail sheds, still stinky young cow buffalo horn shells, some flint of unknown Texas variety, and can do leather tooling for belts and gun slings, etc.  Have lots of hard drawn copper wire of different sizes.  Thanks for looking!
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: Timber rattler skins
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:53:57 pm »
I could wipe you up a string of B-50 if you'd like?  I have Black Brown, Red and Yellow string to pick from...not sure what you'd have to offer for a string but toss something out as an idea since all the stuff you have to trade sounds very appealing  ;D
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:08:20 pm »
Lee:  Let me know what you are interested in and we can work something out!   Colors like red and black sound good.  A/Ho Joe

Offline 4nolz

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 02:40:19 pm »
I have some skins but will be gone until tuesday

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:55:30 pm »
Tues is no problem.  Let me know what you are interested in.  Forgot to mention I have lots of different woods for knife handles, etc.  A/Ho Joe

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 02:07:23 am »
Hey Joe, I can do that for you no problem...how many strands do you want or what is the weight of the bow?
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 11:11:03 am »
Lee:  This bow was made mostly by David Knight at this year's classic.  Some how I never made it home with the string his wife made for me.  The weight we were looking for was 55" @ 27".  I plan to hunt elk and black bear with it.  You know more about strands than I do so you decide.  I am hunting with self nocked river canes that Mrs. Knight made for me!  Please let me know what you are interested in?  Also have some turkey feathers still on the quill!  Thanks for the help!  A/Ho Joe

Offline Jboyd

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 12:45:09 am »
If you can't work out a deal for some skins let me know I have some that will work, timber rattlers.

thanks Jamie

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 09:59:47 am »
Jboyd:  What are you needing for a trade?  If you send me your email address I can send pictures!  A/Ho Joe

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 12:57:33 am »
Lee:  Do we have a trade for a bow string?  Will try to send whatever you want for the string!  If not, please let me know as I really want to get this bow going for the elk season!   Thanks Joe

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 01:17:13 am »
Just fired off an email Joe, talk soon.
~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold