Author Topic: Old Bear Whitetail hunter compound bow  (Read 6376 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Old Bear Whitetail hunter compound bow
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:15:58 am »
Picked it up at a yard sale. It has an old Bear bow fishing thing on the front. And made in Gainsville, Florida. Any ideas about it?
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Old Bear Whitetail hunter compound bow
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:25:08 am »
Pull the limbs with those silly pulleys off the handle, build a set of osage recurve limbs, bolt them on the riser and you'll have made yourself a takedown bowfishing rig.  If you drive over to my shop, I'll help you.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:44:36 am »
HAHAHA!!!!

Bad George!!!

Just... bad...  :)

Don't tell anyone Cipriano, but I have an older Bear Whitetail 2 wheelie bow, haven't had any problems hitting the target with it.
Still trying to wean myself off of my wheelie bow.

They can be put up for extended periods if kept in a clean, cool and dry place.
I would check the cables, wheelies and string out along with the limbs, make sure all is in serviceable and straight.
Also it should have the stats listed on one of the limbs.
Any ideas on weight or draw length?

If you have a bow shop in town you could take it by and have it checked out.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 02:06:01 am »
I'm gonna call you wong George.... That sounds like a cool deal, but man it's a drive to your shop  :'(

that does sound like a cool project. How about I bring it down to cross plains and give it to ya so you can make a take down Osage bow fishing rig with it? I've had it too long and it's just sitting in my room.

Gus, I will check it out. I still have my high school graduation Hoyt Raider bow that I took a bear with in Northern California and a PSE that I never hunted with. Gonna go primitive this fall.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 02:15:44 am »
There are already bows of yours in my shop and I keep forgetting what I'm supposed to be doing with them. ::)  Old age stinks.  You told me today on the phone and I've forgotten already...good grief.

George
St Paul, TX