Author Topic: First ever bow  (Read 4979 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: First ever bow
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 08:12:36 pm »
George, with those limbs coming out in different places the ante was upped regarding tiller. See how she shoots and take it from there, Gary. Make sure the limbs feel balanced in the hand at full draw. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 12:23:24 am »
Mighty fine first ,bet ya it wont be the last !
Welcome to our addiction
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Primitive1

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 04:56:30 pm »
You should definitely feel proud of your first...that's one heck of a job!  I agree with the earlier posts regarding the top limb, looks a tad straight/stiff?  I don't think you'll lose much with a couple of scrapes off of the top limb...then again, it could just be the picture...well, now that the bug's bitten you, you'll be grabbing ridiculous amounts of wood and storing it up for more challenges...I know I did, I have a basement full of Ash, Dogwood, Osage, Cedar...hope I have enough day's left in my life to try'em all on!  Once again, well done and cheers - P1.
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Cedar Hill, MO

Offline GaryR

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 08:16:44 pm »
Blackhawk, this bow was osage and 66 ntn, 55lbs@ 26 it was a squirelly build being my first with reflex in one limb and deflex in the other coming out of the handle

Offline GaryR

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 11:06:36 pm »
Halfeye, if most don't start with staves, what do they use, boards?

youngbowyer

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 11:48:14 pm »
Thats a real nice bow, looks like a sweet shooter. Dang George, how many folks have you gotten into bowmaking ;)

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 01:00:04 am »
Good question Tom, I haven't kept track, just like I don't know how many bows I've made.  I just keep making bows and teaching folks to build them.  Gary is the third since we moved here and there are 2 more bows in progress from other guys in the shop.  There were at least that many in Nebraska as well.  So, who knows, around  10 I'd guess or maybe less?  But, I still have more time... ;D  Hopefully more people will want to learn.

George
St Paul, TX