Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Bamboo Arrow Pics

<< < (2/3) > >>

samuraiwarrior:
Here is a bamboo arrow modeled after one I got from korea.  I used osage on the nock, brass tip, pheasant fletchings, and acrylic paint. 

Also, I will gladly trade goose primaries (I have enough feathers for 13 arrows) for pheasant primaries or sinew.  That's all I really need right now in a trade.
Thanks for looking.

Little John:
You got it Dick, I will get you some packed up and I think I still have your address. Do you prefer left or right wing?    Kenneth

rapsod:
Samuraiwarrior can you post picture of half-done feather? How thick and width is base of feather?

1/2primitive:
I strip them and hand fletch, I think I will do a tutorial of how I do it, it just seems that it's a lot of truble to stlip and sand and fletch in a jig.
      Sean

samuraiwarrior:
Rapsod, I'll try to get some pictures of the process and measurements as soon as I can for you.  Sean, I tried to strip one of the secondaries, but I couldn't get it to work, it always broke on my.  I have ruined a lot of feathers by stripping, and I didn't want to take the chance of ruining these so I decided to grind them.  I usually do prefer to strip them, I did it with the Pheasant fletchign on the above arrow, it makes for a much thinner base which is concave and makes a nice fit on the shaft.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version