Author Topic: arrow display  (Read 2302 times)

Offline sadiejane

arrow display
« on: September 05, 2011, 12:11:31 pm »
morning good folks-
have been invited to display some arrows at a pals art gallery.
so i was hoping some of ya'll might have ideas/photos etc of some ways to display arrows.
may need to make about a dozen "racks" to hang on the wall. no carpenter here, but i can usually muddle my way thru wood projects.
may have a spot for one "stand" that would be table top.
open to all yr suggestions/ideas
and photos would be awesome of course.
thanks!
wild women don't get the blues

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Re: arrow display
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 11:58:48 pm »
A base with a shelf that will hold the tips 1" apart. A support going up to a cross member that has holders spaced 2" apart. This will show a fan type display
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 12:01:15 am »
Get a fanned turkey tail and mount the arrows so the entire fletching area extends past the tailfeathers.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 12:11:31 am »
how many arrows are we taliking about?  @ home I have some of mine in earthen ware vessles, some in headless drums and some in quivers and laying around and set up in the windows and...... ??? :D got a lot of arrows around.  what I don't have is a "rack", but if I was to make one, if by chance I wanted to display my arrows side by side on a wall, I would start out small, but maybe drill some 3/8"-1/2" holes in a 1X2(?) or smaller, cut that length wise spliting the holes, then clean all that up, round the edges and such.  These will be the tops of the "racks".  get these positioned like a "T" on another piece of similar wood, etc. and glue and screw together. Top of rack is done except to mount on the wall.  Bottom of rack could be similar with the "T", but more of a shelf w/ a lip maybe.  You'll have to decide how far to space the holes apart.  Get the bottom mounted where you want it , lay a couple arrows up there and mount the top.  Probably need some hands and a level.  The picture in my head looks good. ;D ???
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 09:46:52 pm »
How'bout this.........a thin line such as 20# monofil streached horizontal through small eye screws.  Maybe mounted on a board to get it away from the wall a bit, then display them w/ the points facing up.  i.e. put the nock in the line and lean against the wall. Don't forget the "DO NOT TOUCH" sign.  ;)
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 12:52:35 am »
 I've seen some mounted on driftwood that looked really nice.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Strongbow

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 04:29:19 pm »
get a full body mount of a trophy buck, and stick your best arrow in it  >:D  You could try something that mimics a gun rack, with the arrows point down and parallel and sloped towards the back of the rack.