Author Topic: Old HIgh School Teacher asked me to build him 40 spears lol  (Read 1717 times)

Offline WolfPupTee

• You don't understand what I'm doing, but I do.
    • The Artis Den
Old HIgh School Teacher asked me to build him 40 spears lol
« on: September 18, 2011, 12:35:54 am »
My old high school visual arts teacher asked me today to build him 40 spears to take with him to the Target parking lot LOL. I was just wondering if anyone else ever got an odd and funny request from someone like that.
Plays With Bow and Arrow

Offline Bryce H

Re: Old HIgh School Teacher asked me to build him 40 spears lol
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:40:49 am »
Is he planning on battling low prices?  :laugh:

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:42:37 pm »
He gonna have 40 students try to bring down the white whale leviathan that is Target?!
Bet that will make for a good photo!
1’—>1’

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 02:22:13 pm »
I have been knapping now for about 10 years and still have a lot of learning to do. About 6 years or so ago a fella bought Noel D Justice's book "Stoneage spear and Arrow Points of California and the Great basin"  He then sent me an e-mail asking me to make about a dozen of the larger pieces in the book.  Still have not got to the point where I can make any of them. "Regular" size arrow points, not a problem - bigger spear and stuff - still a problem.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 05:21:09 pm »
I got a call from a guy that wanted a bunch of "broken arrows".   I said I could make lots of arrows up and he could break 'em himself.  He asked if I made bows, especially Sioux style bows.  Ended up making a half dozen Sioux bows, 6 dozen arrows, and dummied up a couple dozen broken arrows. 

They ended up in a documentary the National Park Service made for the LIttle Bighorn Battle Site.   Since then he has had me make all kinds of native style armaments for documentaries and films. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline WolfPupTee

• You don't understand what I'm doing, but I do.
    • The Artis Den
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 02:00:18 pm »
I don't know what he planned to do  :laugh: . All he said was that they would have so many uses ::) .
I got a call from a guy that wanted a bunch of "broken arrows".   I said I could make lots of arrows up and he could break 'em himself.  He asked if I made bows, especially Sioux style bows.  Ended up making a half dozen Sioux bows, 6 dozen arrows, and dummied up a couple dozen broken arrows. 

They ended up in a documentary the National Park Service made for the LIttle Bighorn Battle Site.   Since then he has had me make all kinds of native style armaments for documentaries and films. 
That sounds like fun!
Plays With Bow and Arrow