Main Discussion Area > Arrows

how many ??

(1/2) > >>

sonny:
how many arrows do you typically carry when you go hunting (for big game) ?? I typically carry two or three....sometimes in a quiver, generally not.
but for some reason this time of year, couple or three months before hunting season, I start getting sorta antsy about making new arrows for the fall,, when those from last season would/ should do fine, except that I've made a new bow and want new arrows  :-\.
maybe I'll sort through those already made, pick out the best three or so and make another few that'll shoot the same, I hope...

just dawned on me that I should point out that when I go deer hunting it's for several hours at a time, not for days.

cowboy:
I wouldn't think you'd need more than three - one for the kill, one for the second chance, and last one for the hail marry ;D. Not that I would suggest taking a hail marry at big game though :).

Pat B:
I usually carry 3 broadhead arrows and sometimes a flu flu.    Pat

Coo-wah-chobee:
                                   I carry 3 stone broadheads. One on string, one in hand an one in mouth. In back quiver I have 2 more broadheads one blunt one flu flu an a water skipper arrow. Thats fer hintin' deer an hawgs. Small game is different........bob

Pat B:
Bob, Do you use a whistler along with your skippers? I read somewhere about using both for duck hunting. If the ducks are flying you shoot the whistler up at them. They think its a hawk and light on the water where the skipper comes into play. 8)    Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version