Author Topic: little bird-point  (Read 1237 times)

Offline iowabow

little bird-point
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:21:56 am »
I came home yesterday and knocked out this point real fast. This point took me 35 minutes and this summer it would have taken 4 hours.     Funny thing I knocked off the other side twice but now  have a good idea how that is happening.  I am powering up to much when I come to a heavier area.  Well anyway I made another hunting point at 103 grains. 
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Tower

Re: little bird-point
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:30:41 am »
Man you've came along way in a short time. Great looking point. Love the color of your points.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 11:51:20 am »
Thanks Tower,  one day I am going to get to watch you thin a point! Do you have plans to go to the classic in May of 2012?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 12:13:16 pm »
Another dandy John. I still haven't hit any of that pink stuff in the pit but will. I don't think that bird cares much for the point ::).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline triggerfinger

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 01:05:18 pm »
Again, well done.  Id have worked on that for a week and still not had anything that good to show for it.
I have nothing witty to say.......

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 02:16:20 pm »
Good looking point John.  That Bulington chert is nice.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Timo

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 03:17:25 pm »
The learning curve is shorter for some. I'd say that you have cut the corner off a good bit! Nice work.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 04:33:42 pm »
All of you have helped so much, working with Shannon and Jeff was the ticket. it helped to have that one on one time.  Timo one day I will get to see that indirect method you are doing and Tower's thinning and notching technique. Cowboy he really did not like that point on his feeder lol. Triggerfinger you will get it if you keep hanging around this forum. Please understand I am not bragging but after I understood what I was doing it has become much easier and is very relaxing and fun and something I look forward to doing at the end of the day. A few more points on the leather pad and I will understand the pressure and angle thing. It was funny yesterday because after I knocked off an edge while pressure flaking I instantly knew what I had done wrong and laughed about it. I am just happy that I can knock off the other side.