Author Topic: Figured out a good use for a broken bow (made a release trainer)  (Read 2209 times)

Offline jonathan creason

Since this spring I've really been working on my shooting and trying to improve this.  As we all know a big part of getting better is repetition, repetition, repetition and drilling good form until it becomes second nature.  Occassionally I would bring my bow and Formaster to work and practice through the day, but that's a pain.  I know a lot of people use exercise bands to practice, but I wanted something that felt like a bow.  Yesterday while kicking around in the garage a lightbulb went off.  Now I've broken my share of bows, and I'm an absolute pack rat so a few of these broken ones are still laying around.  What I did is take one of these broken bows and cut the limbs off a few inches from the fades.  I cut a couple of big notches in each side of the limbs and tied an excercise band in there with plenty of slack.  Now I have the feel of a bow in hand and something that's easily portable and useable pretty much anywhere.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Re: Figured out a good use for a broken bow (made a release trainer)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:18:56 pm »
SWeeT Idea
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 12:51:26 am »
Thanks, TJ.  The most important thing it's showed me so far is that I have been torquing the string pretty bad at anchor, which was leading to some pretty inconsistent shooting.  It's much easier to see if the band is torqued, and figure out the position I need to be in to fix it.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 01:19:24 am »
Great tip thank you gonna set one up  :D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...