Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

vintage osage static recurve flight bow

(1/4) > >>

seabass:
hey guys.i met a lady this week that is an 80 year old former flight shooter.she gave me seven vintage bows.here is two osage sinew backed static recurve flight bows.one of which she won a championship july 1st 1946.the specs are 43 1/4 long measured down the back tip to tip with a flexible tape.the siyahs are 5" long.handle is 1".the fades are 1 1/4".the limbs are 1/4" thick .sorry about the bad pics.here they are.

druid:
Beautifull bows!Thanks for posting. Are they shootable?

seabass:
Druid,i don't want to risk it.i am donating these to the Grayson collection.the sinew is not in great shape.she was a flight shooter and was friends with people like Bill Floberth and E.Bud Pierson and his son Charles.they were friends with Dr.Grayson and Harry Drake.i figured the museum would be a better place for them.she also gave me bows made by Floberth and the piersons.i am going to donate them all.i will be posting pics of them in the campfire section because they have glass backings.

blackhawk:
Those are inspiringly awesome. Makes me wanna replicate one.  Do you know the weight and draw length on them?

avcase:
What a fantastic treasure!  What is her name?  I am sure that I have some records of shoots she was in.  This is inspiring as I am in the process of getting ready for the flight nationals next month.
Thanks!
 Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version