Author Topic: Couple of killers my 7yr. old designed  (Read 1733 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Couple of killers my 7yr. old designed
« on: August 18, 2011, 02:34:23 pm »
My boy asked if I could help him make a couple of arrows like Papa's for him.  He did most of the cresting, tappered the nock, picked out the nocks and feathers, and designed the points. The small one he picked through a bunch of scrap stuff and we made put it toghether, the other he wanted the saw blade left on.  Tryin' to get him started.  My 4 yr. old shoots more, though.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline half eye

Re: Couple of killers my 7yr. old designed
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 02:42:57 pm »
Hey,
     Those are absolutely priceless !!!!! they look great, tell the old man said those are super, heck I'd shoot 'em.......good on you, kid time goes real fast, looks like your enjoying it.
rich

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 03:12:41 pm »
Those are fabulous!  Heck, is he for hire?   8) 8) 8)  Great project for kids...I am taking my 2 boys out tonight (11 & 9) so that all 3 of us can harvest a bunch of Phrag's for our own arrow shafts.  I intend to let them do all the work on theirs as they shadow me while I make mine.

Cool stuff~
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 12:20:56 am »
Thanks for the replys guys.  I'm doin' my best wit dem boys.  Goin' for a couple of educated hillbillies w/ hearts.  Lee, my boys love seein' me down in a patch a briars cuttin' multi-rose and gettin' hung up.  Goin' out in the morning for some more.  It's a great year around here for multi-floral rose shoots!!  Thanks again, for helpin' me to pass on the tradition.  :)
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 12:27:26 am »
Were those shafts multi-foral?  We have a bunch around here but it almost always grows "hoop" shaped  ;D

We didn't get out tonight for out Phrag shafts (got delayed while flying my Goshawk and having fun) so we'll head out tomorrow for a bunch.
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold