Author Topic: Hand made quiver...what I like best.  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Primitive1

Hand made quiver...what I like best.
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:03:34 pm »
Well, I finally had to take all of the ideas from other quivers that I've owned in the past and make my own with the features I liked from all of them.  I made two, one for myself (shown) and another for my son (looks very similar but with olive colored oiled leather and different strapping detail).  I've always preferred the unobtrusiveness of this style of quiver; learned the hard way hunting javelina in south Texas...nothing like watching a swarm of'em bolt as I try to retrieve an arrow from over the shoulder in the more traditional style back quiver.  So I made two with that in mind with the addition of a knive sheath and file combo on mine (sonny boy's will have to wait for a few more years) and an opening in the bottom to slip an arrow out if my quarry is close/wary.  The top opening also has a larger flap to fold out/over the arrows if the rain starts and both openings have wool wraps to keep things secure/quiet...overall, I'm very happy with it...functional and unobtrusive.  You can have this thing upside down and arrows don't spill out.  I plan for some more 'attachments' on the cherry dowel but haven't had to time to get more of that done...
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Cedar Hill, MO

Offline Hawkeye1974

Re: Hand made quiver...what I like best.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:55:41 pm »
Good multi-purpose quiver I like it.
If a guy can fire 3 arrows 125 meters he not only deserves his own movie.  He deserves his own reality show!!! 

-Anonymous

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:25:43 pm »
Nice work.  I love it when a plan comes together.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 06:24:38 pm »
Sweet quiver!! I love that style too!

One question... What  tomahawk do you have??? It is gorgeous and I really would like to get a similar one...

Offline Primitive1

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 08:35:20 pm »
Thanks all!  The hawk is from Rich McDonald of LongKnives and Leather...
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Cedar Hill, MO

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 01:22:54 am »
Very nice set up you have there.
Johnny
in Texas

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 10:04:30 am »
Sweet, looks good and looks very functional and well thought out.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Primitive1

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 10:23:22 am »
Thanks BowJunkie and Pappy...whoa...big doe just walked across the front yard...hope she keeps that pattern during deer season...don't know if you noticed but behind the Pukka is what I consider to be the third most important item...a FILE!  Gotta keep'em sharp!  Cheers, P1.
Cedar Hill, MO