Author Topic: Post your Memory making via PA members and amigos  (Read 1901 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Post your Memory making via PA members and amigos
« on: August 07, 2011, 11:09:57 pm »
There is nothing like memory making with my family and PA amigos. The first tr I saw the ocean I was 19 and it was in San Francisco with the Golden Gate in the background. First time  I went camping I was 15.

The time that Diego and I spent with George, Patrick and his boys on their lease will always rank as one of the most memerable times I have spent with my son out in nature. The experience of hog hunting, knapping and camping will always be remmenbered and revisited in conversation. The porqupine will adorn his home or office 50 years from now. As a father, I dreamed of having experiences like this with my son. Time spent together enjoying the great company of friends that no amount of money could buy.

Sterling was kind enough to let me borrow his surf rod to help Diego and I catch a shark with it. Gracias amigo! We caught a legal black tip shark. I really apreciate you making that shark rig and letting me borrrow your set up. I got a picture of Diego proudly holding that shark. We would not have had this memory without your help.

On Thursday Gus and Vernon drove down from Huston to take Diego and I out on his boat in search of sharks and big fish. We got to the mouth of the Colorado river and it was too rough, so we turned back into the river a bit. After about 30 minutes Vernon was the only one with common sense to say it was too rough for him. I think I was turning green, but didn't wanna say.. We caught a mess of fish and had a wonderful time. Diego felt like a big man and wanted to "wack" every fish with the "wacking" stick... When the bait ran out we picked up my wife and two daughters and had an amazing time riding down the river and channel down to the marina where the kids and I had been picking flint. As a family, this is one of the most memerable and fun memories we have had at the coast. The smiles on my girls and Diego said it all.

Good memory making becuase of this site and the folks on here. I didn't have these experiences as a kid. Thank you for helping me change that for my children. Rich, Ken, Wayne,  Clint, hillbilly, M-P, hickorybill, Michael C, autumn bear, jackcrafty and so many more folks for trading with me to allow my children to have primitive bows, arrows, quivers, drums, draw knives, points and hides:)

And if you feel compelled to, post your PA member memories as well..

Cipriano   

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Post your Memory making via PA members and amigos
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 01:58:56 pm »
All of my trades on PA have been great and I feel like I have made many friends through them.  I have traded a lot with criveraville and Pearl Drums and look forward to meeting you both in person one day.  But my favorite trading was at the Tenn. Classic.  There is just something special about standing face to face with someone and exchanging goods and supplies.  I will never forget when I gave Keenan a couple of staves and he handed me a yew stave.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 11:04:06 am »
Your welcome amigo and thanx for the pic he looked so proud holding that blacktip it reminded me of myself when i cought my first one in the surf
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »
Yes Sir,

Enjoyed fishing with you and Diego and meeting your family.
And Catching a nice box of fish is Always Good...

Managed to stretch that flounder skin, looks like it may actually make something.
Grilled that shark, and it was Wonderful...

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX