Author Topic: funny sounds  (Read 1269 times)

Offline doulosparachristos

funny sounds
« on: August 07, 2011, 01:51:37 am »
ok so i glued up my first bow, and everything seems great. however when i finaly got it tillered close to desired length i heard  a little "creeking" sound and a tiny little "pop".  i went over the whole thing and cannot find the cause, so im wondering if things like this are normal or should i expect an epic explosion when least expected. i tossed it back on the mount to be tillered again to test it and it hasnt done it since. any info is great, im totaly new and need it. thaks guys;)
Philippians 3: 7-11

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
Re: funny sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 01:55:53 am »
What materials are you using?

After it's glued up if things start popping and creaking there's not much to be done...you just have to keep going and cross your fingers.  If you can find the culprit spot sometimes you can reinforce it, but even then your hands are a little tied.

On the other hand, some materials combinations are simply loud and noisy.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline jturkey

• I wouldn't make it a habit calling me that!
Re: funny sounds
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 03:13:24 pm »
what kind of glue are you using my dad makes alot of what we call snap toys that he glue together and he said some glues if they get an air bubble in it when stretched (pulled) will pop and make a splintring sound that might have been all it was i'm not sure though so proceed with care.
doc