Author Topic: Posting pics since the new format  (Read 2703 times)

Offline TRACY

Posting pics since the new format
« on: August 02, 2011, 10:36:45 pm »
I contacted Justin and explained what I was doing and everything is within size limits and file types. Set up a flickr account and other than a link in a post, does anyone have suggestions? I never had any issues before and have posted plenty of pics in the past. Ideas?
The error that I get is "failed security checks, contact admin"
Thank you,
 Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Timo

Re: Posting pics since the new format
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 11:02:46 pm »
Tracey, I just grab them from my pictures stored in my pc. Never did use another photo storage site.

I just click on the( att and other op) at the bottom of the post box and then just  click on the (choose file) which will take you to your stored pics. dbl click the pic and there it is.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 11:10:55 pm »
I use Flickr for all my pics.  Is Flickr not letting you access the pics?

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 01:30:12 am »
The problem is real random. I turned off the security check, but the problem persists. If you go back and save the image again with a different name it often solves the issue. You cannot rename them by clicking on the name and changing it, you have to use the save as option.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 02:09:09 pm »
Tracey, I just grab them from my pictures stored in my pc. Never did use another photo storage site.

I just click on the( att and other op) at the bottom of the post box and then just  click on the (choose file) which will take you to your stored pics. dbl click the pic and there it is.

Tim, exactly what I usually do and have not been able to get it to work. Computer, camera etc are all the same- no changes there

Justin, I have done file save as and still get the same errors. I'm going to try a new camera and sd card to see if it works

George, I would rather use Timo's method as I have done in the past, but might have to do the flickr thing- just got to learn how to import the pics from flickr to here - all new to me

Thanks for taking the time to respond and especially Justin for working on it. I'll keep trying until it works. Thank you

Tracy

Offline TRACY

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 02:24:17 pm »
Just tried renaming and save as with no luck. I also tried using a different picture manager and no luck. Here is the actual error message:

Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator.

The pic size range from 58 - 77 kB and all are cropped to 503 x 380

I'll keep at it!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 09:01:11 pm »
Tracy,

Flickr is a snap.  Upload the file, go to your photostream and click on the thumbnail.  At that point you can select the size of the picture you want...choose 640x480.  Once it displays, right click on the picture and select "Copy Image Location" which puts the URL for the 640x480 sized picture on your clipboard.  Go to the Post Reply textbox in PA where you compose your message and select the icon for Insert Image (it is the far left icon right above the smiley face) which will add the correct image tags leaving the cursor in between them, then finally paste the URL into that spot.  Click on the Preview button and you should see your picture in your message.

The only thing I don't like about flickr is that I have not found an app that lets me paste a picture in a post here from my Droid phone.  Photobucket I believe does.  I will figure it out at some point.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline TRACY

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:23:31 am »
Thanks George! I'll have to give it a go since the old way is not working for me.

Tracy

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 10:29:11 am »
I tried reducing the size like 600x400 and no luck I have a 12mp camera when I reduced to 10% in that fashion bingo. Works fine if you do it by percentage.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline TRACY

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 03:49:32 pm »
Thanks Ron. I use to reduce to 22% to get 600 x 465 and now I use 18% but just can't post them to share LOL!

Tracy

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 07:20:28 pm »
I wish I could tell you a simple fix beside a hosting site, but I posted two versions of the same image. They were the same size, but one worked and the other didn't pass the security which is turned off.  ???
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline TRACY

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 11:02:56 am »
No problem Justin. I really appreciate you investing the time that you have so far. I'd rather see you working on bows or knapping. I'm getting ready to start a new school year and will have one of my tech students figure it out if we have free time.

Thanks Tracy

Offline TRACY

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 12:00:20 pm »
Tracy,

Flickr is a snap.  Upload the file, go to your photostream and click on the thumbnail.  At that point you can select the size of the picture you want...choose 640x480.  Once it displays, right click on the picture and select "Copy Image Location" which puts the URL for the 640x480 sized picture on your clipboard.  Go to the Post Reply textbox in PA where you compose your message and select the icon for Insert Image (it is the far left icon right above the smiley face) which will add the correct image tags leaving the cursor in between them, then finally paste the URL into that spot.  Click on the Preview button and you should see your picture in your message.

The only thing I don't like about flickr is that I have not found an app that lets me paste a picture in a post here from my Droid phone.  Photobucket I believe does.  I will figure it out at some point.

Thanks for the detailed info, but the new topic window will not allow me to right click paste using the insert image icon regardless of the source of the pic. Back to the old drawing board. Thanks again

George

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 03:46:26 pm »
Tracy, when I get back home I'll PM you some screen shots of how I do it. We need to see those pics!! George
St Paul, TX

Offline Timo

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 03:58:46 pm »
I am still at a lose as to why anyone wants to even use a hosting site?

Please explain? ???