Author Topic: Trade/Bartering Question  (Read 5124 times)

Offline Hawkeye1974

Trade/Bartering Question
« on: August 01, 2011, 02:52:31 pm »
My question is if you don't have anything to trade/ barter with mostly cuz you lived in the city and didn't grow up this wonderful experience.
What could possibly trade for a bow, arrows or even flint?
 Not deterred in the least, just really love the work done on these bows done here, plus all the primitive sites I frequent aren't up to snuff.

If a guy can fire 3 arrows 125 meters he not only deserves his own movie.  He deserves his own reality show!!! 

-Anonymous

Offline seabass

Re: Trade/Bartering Question
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:24:15 pm »
trade items can be almost anything.i have traded guns,bi-pods,fishing reels and equiptment.look around,i am sure you have something some would want.hope this helps,steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 05:18:54 pm »
Just below your post someone needs a hat cam.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline andy thomas

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:30:56 am »
a bottle of scotch would do

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 01:38:17 pm »
a bottle of scotch would do
Although shipping across state lines is illegal.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Hawkeye1974

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 04:12:47 am »
@ damn there goes that idea.
but ppl send wine (like wine clubs) accross the country, how does that work?
If a guy can fire 3 arrows 125 meters he not only deserves his own movie.  He deserves his own reality show!!! 

-Anonymous

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:55:52 pm »
Hawkeye, what are you looking for. I've got all kinds of stuff laying around here that I need to get  rid of. 1000+ full length turkey feathers, a few staves, and a bunch of shafts. I just purchased a new weedwacker but know for a fact I'm going to need a new to me self propelled mower by Spring.
Since it's trade only, I hope you live close by because I can't afford to pay shipping on a mower.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 12:58:10 am »
You can trade anything with the barter system.  I love it.  I use it all the time.  I trade stupid crap for stupid crap almost incessantly.

MacDonald is my hero:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_red_paperclip
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 03:44:37 am »
Hawkeye, it's a good question. If you want arrows, post a request on here and when folks respond or PM you, offer up what you have. You will eventually strike paydirt..

If it's flint you need send me mailing cost for a large flat rate box and I will fill it as heavy and as full as  I can. Average has been 40 lbs. I would be happy to help in this manner. I have lots of rock :)

Just PM me and we can work details out.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline lowell

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 03:10:06 pm »
makenzie71....very cool barter story!!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 03:55:13 pm »
I've read the book by the guy that traded the one red paperclip for a house.  I hate the whole culture of "inspirational/motivational speakers" and power of positive thinking hooey, but there are some incredibly practical insights that this guy throws out. 

Trades are meant to cut thru the whole b.s. of Dollar Values or the holy grail of "Making A Profit".  One of my favorite trades took place last summer at a gun show where I traded a guy a nice osage self bow and a dozen arrows for an Ithica Model 49 .22 with a broken extractor  and pitted out barrel (his pricetag including a greedy markup was $65)  I still feel like I got the best of the deal because it looks almost exactly like the one I carried when I was a kid.  Both of us got what he wanted, both think they got the best of the deal.

Don't be shy Hawkeye, whadya want, whadya need, whadya got?

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

hawkshaman

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 10:32:02 pm »
I'm new here (first post), but I have been trading for years over on PaleoPlanet. I also have worked out some great deals on eBay. I just send a message to someone who has an item I want/need and we do the communication outside of the site. The percentage of takers for my suggested transactions is quite low over there and, of course, eBay frowns upon it, but it has still be worthwhile. The barter system and flatrate shipping have been a blessing in this economy. Quite frankly, I couldn't afford the things I love without trading. And it's not like WalMart keeps badger hides and dacite spalls in stock.

John

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 11:12:51 pm »
I'm new here (first post), but I have been trading for years over on PaleoPlanet. I also have worked out some great deals on eBay. I just send a message to someone who has an item I want/need and we do the communication outside of the site. The percentage of takers for my suggested transactions is quite low over there and, of course, eBay frowns upon it, but it has still be worthwhile. The barter system and flatrate shipping have been a blessing in this economy. Quite frankly, I couldn't afford the things I love without trading. And it's not like WalMart keeps badger hides and dacite spalls in stock.

John
John be really careful dealing that way on ebay. My brother in law did a few and never got the product.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah