Author Topic: Saw This On The News  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Hawkeye1974

Saw This On The News
« on: July 28, 2011, 01:09:06 am »
I heard on the news that a woman was shot in the face with an arrow. The arrow flew into her window striking her in the face. Even thought it was ruled an accident and the woman is alive, charges are begin brought against the guy.  This seems like a clear case of misfiring.  The guy was just practicing.  Do you think he should charged (I think their calling it battery)? 
If a guy can fire 3 arrows 125 meters he not only deserves his own movie.  He deserves his own reality show!!! 

-Anonymous

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Saw This On The News
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 01:11:50 am »
I think it would be called reckless endangerment.  Depending on the local laws on shooting, he could be facing other charges as well. 

Once again, BASIC safety rules had to have been ignored.  Then again, Ben Franklin was right, "Common sense is not as common as the name would imply."

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 01:13:43 am »
Just like with a gun the shooter is responsible for the projectile he shoots and should be very sure before he pulls the trigger or in this case releases the string.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 01:20:48 am »
 Yep! It was down here, and the guy was charged with reckless endangerment.He was a real dumb a..,,, a hay bail, no backstop and shooting towards his neighbors house. It went through her window and hit her in the mouth between her upper lip and nose. His excuse, "I'm sorry, but, I'm just a bad shot". ::) :o
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hawkeye1974

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 01:39:23 am »
Yeah it was really f-ed up, it made me respect even more the power of our art and its deadliness as a weapon.
If a guy can fire 3 arrows 125 meters he not only deserves his own movie.  He deserves his own reality show!!! 

-Anonymous

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 10:47:11 am »
Genesis 27: 3

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 09:52:00 pm »
 I thought it was central Florida? :P ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?