Author Topic: Pat's Camp-o-Rama Pics  (Read 7801 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Pat's Camp-o-Rama Pics
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:20:53 am »
Finally got a chance to get these resized and uploaded-thanks to Tina for taking all these while we were hard at work having fun.

We had a great time as usual, many thanks to Pat for inviting us all over again. This is one of the events we definitely look forward to each year.

Working on some bows and watching arrows fly from new creations:

Jonathan Creason demonstrates the proper sequence of steps for building an osage hunting bow. First, spend a couple hours chasing a ring:

Then, lay out the profile, and spend a bunch more time rasping and shaving to get it just right:

Then, when it's just starting to look really good, chop one limb in two with a big sharp hatchet:   :( :o >:D  >:D

Plenty of knapping going on, and a lot of trying to subdue that NC rhyolite "man-rock:"

We had some great food all weekend, everybody probably gained about five pounds:

A little liquid refreshment sure hits the spot in the middle of a heat wave (or any other time, for that matter:)   ;D

And of course, a lot of shooting the bull and just rarin' back and relaxing:

Is it time for the next one yet?  :P

Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Pat's Camp-o-Rama Pics
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:32:42 pm »
Great pictures Steve,Fun Fun Fun. You folks know how to have it. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:52:34 pm »
Pat I hope you like the pics, Steve stayed up till midnight to get these posted today. I'm glad that it was another good year always enjoy your Camp-O-Rama B-day. I was glad to meet Cindy was nice to have another female around for company. Cindy and I did up some really food breakfast did we not? Eggs, bacon, country ham, sausage, fried Tatars, tomato's, loaf bread. David Knight did some fine cooking as well, leg quarters, hot dogs, deer burgers, sausage links, Steve & Cindy had buston butts. As Pat would say(Good enough to smack your grandma)  >:D  The greatest thing at the end of a long hot day was the water fall!!  8) Pats lovely wife made a bannana pudding that was out of this world for Cody, but we all enjoyed it!  :) Thanks Pat had another great year, I hope you have a great Briday Day and many more!!! Oh I all most forgot......Thanks for the cigar!  ;D ;D
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 06:57:36 pm »
Thanks for posting these pics Steve and for staying up til midnight to do so.  ;)  8)  ...and Tina you are the official camp-o-rama photographer from now on!  Okey dokey?  :D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 07:01:31 pm »
If Tenessee wasn't so far away....................................sounds like a country song I know????
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 07:13:31 pm »
This is farther than Tennessee, Perlie. It is in NC. Now what's your excuse?  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 08:00:02 pm »
Looks like a good time.  I hope I can make it next year!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 08:37:05 pm »
Nest year, if have too, someone is coming to get me, take me there, and bring me back. ??? >:D ::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 10:19:14 pm »
 I gotta get back, time's slippin' away.

Pearl,, there's another line to your song. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 11:41:35 pm »
I knew that Pat, brain fart city on my part. Making bows, drinking beer and drinking beer is just what I like doing in my spare time....................and a touch of music playing of course. My problem would be not wanting to leave!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 11:43:14 pm »
Eddie I think the second verse goes a little like this: " I'd pack up my bows and go for the day, If NC wasnt so far away".

Offline cracker

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 08:04:37 am »
But I missed it all and I shed a tear cause now it's gonna be next year.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 08:29:52 pm »
Ronnie, you need to come up to some of our NC get-togethers some time. You do realize that NC and Jorgee are adjoining states, right?  >:D

I just wish somebody woulda gotten a pic of Eric eating that katydid..................
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Little John

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 08:32:11 pm »
Man oh Man, what a great  looking weekend, I sure would like to make it someday. Happy birthday Pat. Thanks for the pics Steve and Tina.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline cracker

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 10:59:58 pm »
Hey Steve I really wanted to come but I burned up all my vc time having fun early in the year now I gotta wait until the  end of october to get some more. Hey hey hey lets not make fun of our primitive brother eating katydids thems good eatin especially with hot sauce. :laugh:
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?