Author Topic: Want/need fly rod and reel rig  (Read 3087 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Want/need fly rod and reel rig
« on: July 24, 2011, 09:26:52 pm »
If anybody has a fly rod and reel set up for rivet trout fishing  they wouldn't mind getting rid of PM me.

Gracias,
Cipriano   
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline seabass

Re: Want/need fly rod and reel rig
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:03:31 am »
Cipriano,i may be able to come up with a rig for you.how nice do you want it?i know i have a run of the mill rig some where.i also have a 1930 heddon cherrywood fly rod unused still in the rod sock and still in the cardboard tube with all stickers on the tube still intact.are you wanting one to use of you looking to collect one?let me know,steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:19:27 am »
sorry cipriano,i can't find my fly reel.i looked all over.if i do find it,you can have it buddy.i'll keep looking.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline criveraville

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 04:09:15 am »
Steve, thank you for trying. I apreciate it amigo.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline lowell

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 08:04:57 pm »
I've got a fly rod and reel but don't know much about it. Don't know what makes one worthy for river trout fishinhg either?? :-[

I can take a picture of it if that would help?? ;)  Or tell me what to look for?
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline TheWildCat

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 02:00:21 am »
I have a Ocuma Wide Spool Reel set up on a 8/9 carbon Fly rod, that I use fer  Bones and Bass, that I could trade. Don't know what a River Trout setup would be? What ya got to trade?

TheWildCat
"Ifin it Ain't Pork...It Ain't BBQ!!!

TheWildCat

Offline straightarrow

• "Success or failure, neither are final"
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 01:40:33 am »
pm sent

Offline lowell

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 08:58:09 pm »
criveraville,    PM sent, here's the pictures....
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline criveraville

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 03:53:09 am »
Folks thank you mucho. Our church is having a father and son outing and fly fishing. I apreciate the pictures, post, PM's and emails.

Cipriano

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 05:26:35 pm »
Hey Cip I have a sweet little St Croix Imperial. Its a 9 footer, 4 wt. It has a half decent disc drag reel as well, cant remember the brand name for the life of me?  Its loaded with weight forward floating line and has a St Croix tube it lives in.. Its made for stream trout. I havent used it in several years..................I like skins that arent prairie rattlers...  :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 05:28:59 am »
I JUST sold my river trout set up.  Okuma 3-5 click drag reel and a TICR faux bamboo short 4wt fly rod carbon. 

It will depend on where you are as to what "river" means to you.  In Jersey a river can be leaped across.  Shorter rod is handy when the river is basicaly a tunnel through trees.

Unless trophy class trout are common I'd hesitate to go over a 5 wt.