Author Topic: WHAT NO TO DO  (Read 2021 times)

Offline crooketarrow

WHAT NO TO DO
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:45:25 pm »
   Ran into a guy I know at 7-11 the talk when to deer hunting ofcorse. He said you here what happen to me 2 seasons ago. I said no, he takes off his shirt and there on to of his right shoulder about a inch a half 2 inch's down is a nice abowyer scare.
  I said WOW he told me his story. Him and his 2 brothers had went to ILOWA in the prerut. He was filming for his one brother. They'ed split up and him and his brother was headed to there stands. On the way they see a 4 or 5 year old 160 plus 10 point chaseing a doe. He's in front he neels down in the trail but then stands up but not all thr way to move over to get a better shot fliming.
  Unbeknown to him his brother had thought he got down for him to shoot. When he stood his brother hit the trigger. 73 POUNDS GOOD THING IT WAS A PASS THROUGH and he was nealt down. It just sliced the top of him shoulder blade. came out the top front.
   He said they stayed 3 more days but he could'nt even climb the tree's to film.  He said laying on the ground his brother set him up and there still standing was the doe with the buck standing right there in tow. He said he told his brother to hurry take another shot. Put his brother was panicen by then. He said not much blood but22 stichs to close both holes.3 Inchs to the left and he'd been spine shot.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: WHAT NO TO DO
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 01:28:45 pm »
They both sound like a couple of idiots and shouldn't be allowed in the woods with any kind of weapon.  >:(  First off if I had been shot through with a broadhead I'd be heading out to the hospital or calling in the emergency helicopter. Secondly shooting and weapon at a target you are not sure of is criminal IMO.  The 160 class 10 pointer has nothing to do with any of it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 01:59:35 pm »
 :o
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:55:56 am »
  Believe it or not there not and all have deer hunted for 30 plus years and have at least 30 mounts between them. The one brother has  179" BC with a muzzle loader all there mounts are PY or BC. Like I said the one just thought the other had gotten down out of the way for him to shoot. Just a accident but I'm sure the amount of hurry and size of the deer, to get the shot was the reason.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 06:22:07 pm »
Sorry, but I'm with Pat.  Any man that launches an arrow over his brother's shoulder is an idiot.  I'm pretty sure that's page one of any hunter safety course - Be sure of your target and beyond.  Doesn't matter if he was crouching, kneeling or standing on his head - he shot at his brother.  You'd think with 30 years experience he would know better.  It's people like that that give hunters a bad rap.

And even more amazing is the fact that that he must be proud of his story and scar if he had to tell you about it and show it to you.  I think if I was in his shoes I'd be too ashamed of myself to tell anyone...

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07:22:47 pm »
Yeah I think your post title says it all. I don't shoot if anyone is in front of me no matter what and I would be awful upset if someone shot when I was in front even if they had hit what they were aiming at.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 05:45:03 pm »
I would be very ashamed and stupefied to say that I was involved in such a thing.  It really doesn't matter how many big bucks they have or have killed.  They are not very bright to have done what you said.  Very senseless. :o
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 11:42:56 pm »
Crazy stuff some people just dont have common sense IMO had a guy last year here in oregon hunting with a friend and had an arrow knocked walking through the brush guy stoped in front and got ran through the heart :-[ sad for all partys involved. Then same year another partner shot his buddy in the head also preventable with a little common safety and sense. Same stuff different years ::)

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)