Author Topic: logs and staves for TRADE  (Read 2452 times)

Offline mainehunt

logs and staves for TRADE
« on: June 06, 2011, 12:33:49 pm »
I have 45 acres along a river here in Maine. All timbered, lots of White Ash, Red Oak, Maples, gray and white Birch,  and Hophornbeam.

Now that I have discovered primitive archery, I'm cutting logs to get them drying. Whatever I don't use for myself, I'll trade staves and logs to whoever wants them. Maybe I can get some nice wooden arrows or something in trade for a stave(s)

Kev
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those that do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." -Albert Einstein

Lombard

Re: logs and staves for TRADE
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 12:54:17 pm »
Hello Kev, I have family up in Maine, and have gone on canoe trips on the Saco, Allagash, Sabasticook, and Penobscot rivers.  Good times and good fishing. Made for some soggy camping, but fun none the less. I'm sure someone will come along with a trade offer. Just remember what Tommy the Seminole said to Will Thompson, "any old stick make good bow, good arrow damn heap work ugh."

Offline mainehunt

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:42:30 pm »
Hello Kev, I have family up in Maine, and have gone on canoe trips on the Saco, Allagash, Sabasticook, and Penobscot rivers.  Good times and good fishing. Made for some soggy camping, but fun none the less. I'm sure someone will come along with a trade offer. Just remember what Tommy the Seminole said to Will Thompson, "any old stick make good bow, good arrow damn heap work ugh."

What part of Maine are your relatives in? I take my boat to Saco to fish for Stipers in the Saco River. A good friend is in charge now of the whole Allagash Wilderness area. The Penobscot River.......man, there are giant Small Mouth Bass in there man, unreal. I take my elderly father there to fish a few times every summer. I live along the Sandy River here, Good bass, and trout fishing. Caught a nice Brown last night.

I love to build arrows. Hopefully someone will trade some bare shafts for a stave, I have a few turkey feathers but need more of those too. I'm kicking myself for not saving all the goose wings from last year's hunts. We shot a lot of Canadas last fall.

Kev
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those that do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." -Albert Einstein

Offline mainehunt

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 11:16:58 am »
PM answered.

Kev
<><

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 07:20:11 pm »
I might be interested in one or more ash staves.  I have some processed whitetail back and leg sinew, trade points, a couple stone arrow heads, and a pair of horn blocks I can offer in trade.  Anything there interest you?

Offline leon

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 09:41:52 pm »
Kev, I an interested in making a bow.I live on the Fryburg/Conway line. Looking for a stave or two.

Offline NTD

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 02:47:09 am »
Maine boy here as well although in Tucson, AZ currently.  Although my wife and I are trying to make a workable plan to make it back home.  Both my wife and I are from The County.
Nate Danforth