Author Topic: 53 1/2" N2N Pyramid limbed molly...  (Read 7675 times)

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
Re: 53 1/2" N2N Pyramid limbed molly...
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 10:39:05 pm »
keep pushing and learning. I'll follow along and maybe pickup something too.
Jeff
Genesis 27: 3

Offline toomanyknots

Re: 53 1/2" N2N Pyramid limbed molly...
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 11:44:48 pm »
"Because your levers are soo thick you could definitely afford to decrease width to increase speed."

I know, but I was a little worried about the lower limb going out of alignment as I got a little hasty with the rasp when shaping em out, so I left em wider than I could (or should) of if they were aligned right. But they aren't all that thick. At least I don't think they are. The thickest part at the shoulder is 13/16" thick, widest part at the shoulder is 9/16", so it really looks like a cross between a molly and a holmegard. God, it seems like all I do is argue with you man. You must be sick a me by now.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"If it were me, I would just settle with the lighter draw weight to correct the problems."

I feel the same way honestly, but I already have 2 3/4" set after shooting it in today, so just think of how bad set I would have after getting the stiff spot to bend on the one limb, and then bringing the other limb down as well,... right now due to the weight and it being osage the string tension is good and it shoots nice, so I wouldn't wanna push it. Although if I did take your advice and do that and did end up with alot of set, I could maybe flip the tips to reduce it a little,... but alas, my lazy side says shes done.  :laugh: See, some people have a good angel on one shoulder and an evil angel on the other, I just have a good angel and a lazy angel. Or maybe just two lazy angels. Here is a slightly better look at the tiller, the bottom limb is the one with the stiff spot right after the handle...

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:53:29 am by toomanyknots »
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair