Author Topic: Red Oak Board Bow Cook Off  (Read 85333 times)

Offline aznboi3644

Re: Red Oak Board Bow Cook Off
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2011, 12:00:19 am »
no problem seabass...happy shavings  :P

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2011, 12:31:03 pm »
Hey seabass that looks like oneof keenan's  tillering benches if so man arnt they great I'd love to get one one day :)
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline seabass

« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2011, 01:26:54 pm »
skyarrow,it is one of keenan's stave masters.it is awesome.i bought it at this years classic.once i tried it,i had to have one.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2011, 02:00:26 pm »
Sweet was that the one at his booth If so I tillered my David knight  Bow in it lol man it worked good even with that RD on It your so lucky to have one they work so much better  then to wooded ones well ttyl and happy tillering I have to get back to work so I can get home and work on my bow I'm close to steam shaping  it. it will be my first time to shape a bow wish me luck I hope it don't break on me but if so Ohh well it's all fun

Sterling

Offline seabass

« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2011, 07:08:14 pm »
i wish you luck Sterling.you played me some jazz on you guitar at the campfire one night.it was great.if you get a chance to get you a stave master,get one.it is very good on your back while tillering.keenan knows what he is doing.he will ship one right to your door.he is working on a tillering attatchment right now to go with the chair.if you order one,make sure you ask him about the attatchments.good luck with your bow,steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2011, 12:57:23 pm »
Hey all, I am going to have to pull out of the race because I found out on Friday my whole division is being laid off. I need to pinch the pennies over the next few months and I can't afford to ship a bow two times any time soon. I will keep working on my bow and try to post some photos as I can, but right now I need to concentrate on finding a new job and keeping track of my budget. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out though.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

blackhawk

« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2011, 01:15:29 pm »
Well crap Michael that really sucks. Sorry to hear that.  :-\

Offline seabass

« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2011, 03:15:58 pm »
micheal,i am laid off right now also.i know how you feel brother.good luck on finding a new job.i hope you find one real soon buddy,steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2011, 05:50:02 pm »
Sorry to hear you got laid Off :'( may you find a new job soon

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:34:35 pm by skyarrow »

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2011, 12:36:12 pm »
Yesterday on my lunch break I finally got to work on my bow the long upper limb is floor tillered but the short lower limb need some work once that's done il heat shape them

blackhawk

« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2011, 12:56:46 pm »
Well,your a half step ahead of me sterling. Mines still sitting in the corner waiting to be floor tillered. I've got a hickory sapling with the same design in the works almost ready to be braced. I did a black walnut but came in light and my upper limb changed drastically from shooting it in. It was weird,it went from 3/8" positive tiller to 7/8"  So I set that in the corner of shame to be made into a womans bow and picked up the hickory stave. I loved the design,it flung a fast smooth arrow.

Take your time with your design. I really wanna see this one come to fruition.

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2011, 01:45:30 pm »
Me to I'm not worried about the long limb it's the short one that I'm afraid mite brake

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2011, 11:58:35 pm »
Well it looks like I won't get to work on my bow this weekend my wife's birthday is tomarrow and my mom bought her and I a two day hotel on the riverwalk  in San Antonio and also bought us two tickets to see Chicago in concert tomarrow woot

blackhawk

« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2011, 11:06:03 am »
Ill wipe the dust off this thread.

So far I've gotten the first bow by Mwirwicki(Matt)  BUT,sorry Matt I couldn't resist stringing her up and shooting her and I Broke it................... :-[       

JUST KIDDING Matt...lol.   :laugh:  I haven't even taken her out o the sock yet n she's sitting in an optimum stable environment.

I still need to get mine bending. My schedules finally easing up a lil for the next few weeks so ill have time to squeeze her in.

How's the rest of the field doing???

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2011, 11:40:09 am »
LOL Chris! 
Okay fellow bowyers, let's get out the tillering sticks!  Remember, this is for the kids and hunting season is coming upon us quickly!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI