Author Topic: new favorite quiver  (Read 3112 times)

Offline sadiejane

new favorite quiver
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:16:59 pm »
a pal from paleoplanet, sal, who lives in southern california, trades in yucca. they make great quivers. i recently picked up a cupla pieces from him at mojam and made this one. its my fav quiver. used the two strap design so it sits right down the center of my back. the arrows are readily at hand behind my head. i do lots of bushwhacking and stumping. so this design works great for me not getting my arrows tangled up when ducking and crawling thru stuff in the woods. the leather is a very supple thick elk hide i did a trade for last year. used rawhide strips to hold the straps on. once they dry, they shrink up quite tight. cupla small turkey feathers of course, and a bear claw from another trade at mojam this year. also stuffed in the very bottom, a cupla layers of deer hide with fur up to protect tips and keep things quiet.

wild women don't get the blues

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: new favorite quiver
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:59:55 pm »
Wow, that is pretty unique and cool looking.  Do you have any close up pics of it Sadie?
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:15:35 pm »
thanks lee. not a new idea, just my take on it. be glad to show ya some close ups. what ya wanting to see more of?

Stringman

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 10:22:32 pm »
Nice Sadie! I got one from him last year that I can't seem to find time to finish. Does make a nice quiver.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 03:53:20 am »
Very nice quiver!
Some detail pics would be nice...
Frank from Germany...

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:30:12 am »
here's a cupla more pix. id be happy to take others if there is some part in particular anyone wants to see. glued the leather around the mouth of the quiver with barge cement. some folks rivet straps on. others wrap as i did. that's why i used  the rawhide strips. figured once it dried(and shrunk) it would be plenty tight. and it is.
will get a pic of it being worn. as that's what i like the best. hadn't used a two strap quiver before and i'm really liking it. that's how sal made the one he uses.  it keeps the quiver right up against my back. and as stated earlier, the arrows are just above the base of my head. easy to reach and outta the way for bushwacking.

thanks!

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 05:37:37 am »
Thanks you!
Frank from Germany...