Author Topic: Trade bow Arrival!(Pics Added)  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Almostpighunter

Trade bow Arrival!(Pics Added)
« on: July 06, 2011, 02:20:29 am »
Just got back to town and picked up my mail and packages including my trade bow from Bevan R. I was so excited as I opened the tube that my hands were shaking, after seeing all the different bows that had been posted I really had no idea what to expect. Finally I got the tube open and unwrapped the bow...and started giggling like a little school girl. The bow looks like it came straight out of a John Wayne movie and has this kind of natural patina/coloration to it that makes it look like an old warhorse. I flipped it over in my hands and saw the shiny buffalo nickel embedded in the riser on the side opposite to the arrow rest, which is just too cool for words.

Despite the 101 degree temp here in Vegas, the skies opened up and rained out any hopes I had in getting a few pics today, but I did manage a couple of shots in the garage and the arrows penetrated four inches out the back of my target.

After fondling the bow a while more I looked through the wrapping and found a note from Bevan. It was a short but heart felt note about the timing of the bow's arrival as well as some other info, both about the bow that he sent to me as well as some personal goings-on that shall remain between us, the gist of which being that he hoped I wouldn't be "overly disappointed" with the bow he sent.

Bevan, I can say with complete honesty and without reservation that nothing could be further from the truth. The bow is awesome and I am honored that you would impart such a weapon to my keeping. Thank you very, very much! I can't wait to get out and shoot her some more!

I will be posting pics tomorrow when I can get out and shoot her. I will note "pics added" in the subject line as soon as I do it.

- Mike
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:33:36 am by Almostpighunter »

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: Trade bow Arrival!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 04:12:49 am »
Sounds great, u have got my attention in a big way can't wait to see some pics...and congratulations it sounds as if u r above pleased  ;D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 05:26:09 am »
You sound like a kid on Christmas morning.. Can't wait to see pics. Congrats!! 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline half eye

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:06:16 am »
Sounds very good there Mike...cant wait for the pics
rich

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:42:09 pm »
too cool Mike, always good to see someone enjoy a gift somebody has made them.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 06:54:27 pm »
Glad you like it Mike. A word about the nickle. That is something my late father got me doing. I put a coin of some type in every bow I make. Kind of like the 'bear' medallion. He figured if I put a coin in, the bow would never be broke. Enjoy.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 12:25:37 am »
He figured if I put a coin in, the bow would never be broke. Enjoy.

That and nobody can say your bows ain't worth a nickel!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Almostpighunter

Re: Trade bow Arrival!(Pics Added)
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 12:41:20 am »
Full Draw Pic.

Went to the range today and put some nice groups together for over an hour. Tiller kinda looks funny in the pic but the arrows are flying nice and straight and there is little hand shock/vibration...so, whatever is going on, the bow is a keeper as far as I'm concerned.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Trade bow Arrival!(Pics Added)
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 02:15:33 am »
I really like the nickel on there and a real beauty over all  ;D
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.