Author Topic: Got our elk tags!  (Read 4527 times)

TurtleCreek

Re: Got our elk tags!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 03:31:27 am »
I am an idiot, I didn't read your latest post

Offline Catnapper

Re: Got our elk tags!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 04:06:43 am »
JW my bull tastes really good and is tender but as far as my dad's bull i think i would rather have eaten your tag!!!! lol that thing is tougher than boot leather!!! Gonna try putting his in the crockpot to see if that helps at all. I've never had a piece of meat as tough as his bull. My girlfriend said she couldn't stop shaking after she shot her bull since it was her first elk she was ecstatic. I wish i could have been there to share the experience with her but at least my dad was there just like he has been with me for every elk i have ever shot. she called me before she even walked up to the dang thing hahahaha.

Turtle-- lol i post once in a while without reading and do the same thing so no worries. I didn't manage to make it out for deer before the season ended as i was in the ICU last week. Next year i plan to hit it hard with the osage bow that i had made for this season. ( which by the way i will post pics of soon in the bow section). it turned out really nice. it is a snakey osage with prairie rattler backing...i cant wait to get my first primitive big game kill.
Gillette, Wyoming